PDA

View Full Version : APC in your washing paint regimine ?

mobiledynamics
12-20-2016, 11:00 AM
Just browsing old threads.....
How many of ya`ll employ APC in your car wash routine. Old threads suggest this to get the paint clean on coatings, etc.

I`ve never employed APC in any dilution rate as part of my shampoo process...
Whether it be to ~reset~ the paint , or just a heavy double down wash as part of pre-polish/lsp process.

Do ya`ll use APC in your car shampoo process ?
Noticable difference ?

I`m not chemist but I don`t like to mix my products.....
I would think the engineers have formulated X, Y, Z and by adding X Base to Y Formula, does it change/hinder/alter the ability of the original formula to work as designed.

Migue
12-20-2016, 11:45 AM
If the car`s filthy and I`m going to polish it I might spray diluted APC on the vehicle before washing it IF for some reason I am not able to do the aggressive wash method with iron removal. Lately I`ve been using Poorboys Bug squash on the lower end panels (mainly the front ) before washing.

I don`t recall ever mixing it in my wash bucket, maybe in my foam gun mixture a few times and that`s about it.

nickclark08
12-20-2016, 11:54 AM
I second Migue`s approach. Before rinsing my car down, I liberally apply bug squash to the front end (bumper, hood, windshield) as well as the lower door panels. Let sit for a minute or two, then rinse off when rinsing the car down before the wash.

Does well with loosening / softening the dirt, grime, and bug guts, and with the FK1000p seems to get most of the big stuff off during the rinse.

I`ve thought about adding some bug squash to the wash solution, but haven`t tried yet.

The Driver
12-20-2016, 11:57 AM
All my prep washes before correction = 1Z W99 APC 10/1 in the foam canon and kwazar foamer.

Civicclutch
12-20-2016, 12:04 PM
I generally will use megs apc 1:10 on the plastic on bottom sections and maybe on lower part of paint if really filthy, I then will follow up with PB bug squash over front and below belt line, let dwell for bout 5 min thin I`ll mist car with hose to re moisten then rinse or if it wasn`t to dirty I`ll just wash, especially if i am gonna be doing any serious paint correction. The bug squash does work well in wash bucket or foam cannon mixed with another soap as well

rlmccarty2000
12-20-2016, 12:17 PM
If a car is extremely dirty I will mix in an ounce of Meg`s APC into my soap to amp up my foam power wash. This is very effective on coated vehicles. I haven`t noticed any bad effects. I also like to add APC after using Iron-X when I am trying to totally decontaminate prior to a full correction. I don`t add any APC to my 2 BM washes.

top189h
12-20-2016, 12:31 PM
I used to pre-soak with Meg`s APC+ it worked great, then after it went away, I switched to Adam`s, and now its either really strong Auto Finesse Avalanche or 3d orange degreaser.

DetailZeus
12-21-2016, 10:13 AM
I regularly use "paint safe" diluted APC out of a garden sprayer to pre spray the car before my initial rinse. My goal is to remove as much dirt as possible before I 2-bucket wash. I`ve done a side by side on a white car and I can see a difference.

Now I don`t always spray the whole car; in the summer months I might just hit the lower panels or bugs. But I use it enough to consider it part of my maintenance wash routine.

Accumulator
12-21-2016, 01:21 PM
Huh, I`m finding this interesting. I`ll sometimes use 1Z Anti-Insekt (sorry, forget the proper spelling), which I don`t let dwell for too long lest it compromise my LSP, but generally I just don`t seem to need any real pre-treatment even though I often let our vehicles get *awfully* dirty. Maybe it`s that pretty-strong foamgun output I use.But I guess this is primarily about use on coatings, and the only things I coat are certain wheels and some suspension bits. I do sometimes clean the coated wheels with P21s TAW and it sure seems to get them nice and clean with zero apparent effect on the coating.

Civicclutch
12-21-2016, 01:31 PM
Huh, I`m finding this interesting. I`ll sometimes use 1Z Anti-Insekt (sorry, forget the proper spelling), which I don`t let dwell for too long lest it compromise my LSP, but generally I just don`t seem to need any real pre-treatment even though I often let our vehicles get *awfully* dirty. Maybe it`s that pretty-strong foamgun output I use.But I guess this is primarily about use on coatings, and the only things I coat are certain wheels and some suspension bits. I do sometimes clean the coated wheels with P21s TAW and it sure seems to get them nice and clean with zero apparent effect on the coating.

What foam gun do you use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accumulator
12-21-2016, 02:28 PM
What foam gun do you use

The hose-end ones made by Butcher and sold under various brand names. "Foam Master" or something like that, I use the ones with the sliding brass mixing-valve bar instead of the all-plastic ones with the rotary-dial mixing but that`s just a personal preference.