PDA

View Full Version : Are some bubbles in window tinting acceptable from professional installer?

nelsonguy
12-18-2016, 04:53 PM
Hello and good day. So I recently got my windows tinted on my new car through the dealership, everything but the windshield. They don`t actually do it at the dealership but have it sent out. It`s been a month and there are still bubbles in the tinting. The back window has a few bubbles and even a mark in the film which looks like a small defect or gouge. The side windows all have one bubble in them except one window which appears to be perfect. I have even noticed a spec of dirt or sand in one as well.
I don`t want to be a nitpicker but I don`t want to pay for a crap job either.
The rear window obviously needs to be fixed, no questions asked.

But if I have say a side window with one spec of sand in it, do I complain and get it fixed or is that considered acceptable?
Same question with the side windows that may have a small bubble in them as well. Is that an acceptable complaint or no?
I don`t want to be the person with unrealistic expectations however the bubbles do drive me nuts. That is why I paid to get it done.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mobiledynamics
12-18-2016, 04:57 PM
He short answer

no
proper adhesion on the matrix, etc

845guy
12-18-2016, 04:57 PM
I wouldn`t accept that as a quality job. Make them redo it. Complain to the dealer.

Bubbles right after installation should go away after a week or so and is normal. Window should be scrapped clean with a razor before application.

WashRinseRepeat
12-18-2016, 05:17 PM
First off, Welcome.

Second, No, do not accept that. Take it back to the dealership and have them re-do the work that was already paid for.

I actually had a company do my tint and then I went and had xpel put on by a different company because the 1st one didn`t do xpel but the 2nd one also did tint and pointed out flaws in the 1st companies tint job. I went back to the 1st company, and they had no issue fixing what was pointed out to me.

nelsonguy
12-18-2016, 05:21 PM
Ok thanks guys. I thought it wasn`t acceptable but wanted to be sure. Appreciate the welcome and the abundance of knowledge and advice this site gives.
Thanks again.

JSFM35X
12-18-2016, 08:57 PM
No it`s an excuse used by poor installation.

mobiledynamics
12-18-2016, 09:02 PM
Document your antenna/heater lines before tint redo and make sure it all works/intact post re-tint as well

dschribs
12-19-2016, 08:16 AM
I just got my windows tinted about two months ago. They are flawless - and that`s what I expected.

You pay for professional work to get professional results. I wouldn`t accept any less.