PDA

View Full Version : Wax Suggestion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mjgraniero
12-15-2016, 05:55 PM
Happy Holidays everyone!

I`m looking for wax suggestions that will specifically enhance the color of my car, to add depth and shine. I have a 2017 Admiral Blue corvette. It`s a new color for 2017 so please check it out, the 2016 Laguna Blue is quite a bit lighter.

I`m a big P21S Concourse wax fan but after chatting with the DoDo Juice folks, they believe P21S is outdated technology and recommend their Black Widow wax. There aren`t a ton of BW reviews since the wax is new, so I thought I`d ask the experts here what they recommend. Looking for any suggestions as I`ll be waxing the car this winter so it`s ready when Spring arrives. I`ll take any suggestions, not just P21S vs Black Widow, so please explain why you feel the product would look best on this color. Also, I`ll be hand waxing if that matters.

Thanks!!!

Mikehttp://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32585&stc=1http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32586&stc=1http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32587&stc=1

Ronkh
12-15-2016, 06:03 PM
Natty`s blue
Natty`s black
Pinnacle Souveran
Fuzion
Black Ice

Ronkh
12-15-2016, 06:06 PM
synergy

BadgerRivFan
12-15-2016, 06:51 PM
All of Ron`s suggestions are good ones... couldn`t go wrong with any of those.

I might also suggest the "wet ice over fire" combo of BlackFire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection sealant topped with BlackFire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax. I own an `01 C5 Corvette Coupe in Navy Blue and that`s what I used this summer. I`ve owned the car for 15 years and it`s never looked better!

Sorry, I was just checking my phone but I don`t have any recent photos. You`ll have to take my word for it [emoji41]

trashmanssd
12-15-2016, 07:08 PM
I am lazy, I say Gyeon Wet Coat. Looks are not that amazing typical sealant glossy but sterile look. Its doesnt add anything thats not there just shows off the quantity of the finish.

davidc
12-15-2016, 07:39 PM
There is also Collinite 915. No fancy name just the real thing.

Dave

Swanicyouth
12-15-2016, 08:38 PM
Wow. They got balls... P21s is outdated technology...Lolz.

First rule of business, never talk bad about your competitor or their products...

As I user of P21S and various Dodo Juices` waxes - I can tell you they both are pretty good. For whatever reason, I think P21S may be a bit easier to use... You really can`t fault that wax...

I think it`s a toss up really...

If your looking for something that that I think looks really great on black - I`d go with BlackFire Midnight Sun or Pinnacle Souverän... Prolly both outdated technology Lolz.

mjgraniero
12-15-2016, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys... A few comments:

Ron-I`ve seen quite a few photos of your work, and I 100% trust your suggestions. For the BlackIce, isn`t it specifically for black cars? How would it affect the appearance of my blue?

Badger- I had planned to apply Blackfire Crystal Seal before topping with a wax. I assume this would have the same effect as your suggested product?

DavidC- I live in Utica, NY where Collinite is made so I`m familiar with the product. I used to buy it right from the factory back in the 90`s, and used it on a red firebird I had at the time. It was a pain in the ass to remove if it cured too long!

Swanic- Their comment surprised me too because I`ve used P21S since 2009 (started when I bought a black obsidian Infiniti G37). Looked great on that car, but never lasted very long. Of course, that car was a daily driver and the vette is a nice weather driver (only because rain makes it a pain to clean). What I liked most about the P21S is that it wiped on/off very easy and didn`t stain rubber seals. Per your last comment, I`m not looking for something for a black car, just my blue vette.

I thought if I went to a blue-car-specific wax I`d get better results. Am I wrong with that approach? Will I really notice a difference between these suggestions and the P21S I already have? If not, I`ll stick with what I have. That said, if I can get better results I`m willing to try something new.

JSFM35X
12-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Don`t use any wax imho. Use a coating

Ronkh
12-15-2016, 09:31 PM

Ron-I`ve seen quite a few photos of your work, and I 100% trust your suggestions. For the BlackIce, isn`t it specifically for black cars? How would it affect the appearance of my blue?

Badger- I had planned to apply Blackfire Crystal Seal before topping with a wax. I assume this would have the same effect as your suggested product?

DavidC- I live in Utica, NY where Collinite is made so I`m familiar with the product. I used to buy it right from the factory back in the 90`s, and used it on a red firebird I had at the time. It was a pain in the ass to remove if it cured too long!

Swanic- Their comment surprised me too because I`ve used P21S since 2009 (started when I bought a black obsidian Infiniti G37). Looked great on that car, but never lasted very long. Of course, that car was a daily driver and the vette is a nice weather driver (only because rain makes it a pain to clean). What I liked most about the P21S is that it wiped on/off very easy and didn`t stain rubber seals. Per your last comment, I`m not looking for something for a black car, just my blue vette.

I thought if I went to a blue-car-specific wax I`d get better results. Am I wrong with that approach? Will I really notice a difference between these suggestions and the P21S I already have? If not, I`ll stick with what I have. That said, if I can get better results I`m willing to try something new.

Black I ce will do you proud.

If you want a color matched wax, well the polish angel

Docpeanut
12-15-2016, 10:49 PM
I`m trying to respond, but I can`t seem to get my jaw off the keyboard long enough. Holy Moly Man! What a gorgeous car!

I do agree with Ron, go to the Polish Angel Site, get color matched cosmic. Just provide them with the paint code and description, also make sure to get the invincible primer. 50ml of primer and cosmic will be more than enough.

rlmccarty2000
12-15-2016, 10:54 PM
Wolfgang Fuzion or Blackfire Midnight Sun. Both would add depth and give you that wet look that blue needs to look its best. Fuzion should last a little longer if that matters. Nice car. I`m a sucker for a drop top. How about some pics with the top down?

BadgerRivFan
12-16-2016, 06:27 AM

Badger- I had planned to apply Blackfire Crystal Seal before topping with a wax. I assume this would have the same effect as your suggested product?.

I`m sure that would work fine, but I have not used Crystal Seal so I can`t really comment on how that combo would look or hold up. I believe you`ll have better durability using BFWDAFPP as your base before topping it with a wax.

Assuming your vette is a "sun & fun" car only, you`d have no problem getting through the summer driving season with the wet ice over fire combo. Throw in some BF Midnight Sun Carnauba Spray Wax after the occasional maintenance wash, and your car will look stunning all summer.

Raymoche
12-16-2016, 07:08 AM
PA cosmic then a layer of high gloss...

briarpatch
12-16-2016, 08:09 AM
Petes 53.....(you just knew someone had to add a CG product in here).....