PDA

View Full Version : Freezing points of different rinseless washes

JBM
12-12-2016, 06:32 PM
I finally got around to bringing in all my chemicals, probably 2 weeks late actually. Thought I share something interesting. If your like me you kinda think the rinselss washes use about the same chemistry but that may not be the case.

In this corner we have the rinsess washes that didnt freeze on me, in temps 22 and up Id say"

ONR
ONRWW
Uber
ClearFinish Perfect Wash
Trifecta

In this corner we have the rinselss washes that froze:

Shinesupply Ecowash
Gary Deans IUDJ

Do you all think the products that didnt freeze rely on an alcohol for easy drying, helping it not to freeze?

I thought for sure the crazy dilution ratio`s of a couple would be similar to IUDJ, maybe even made the same place, but it appears not to be the same chemistry from my super scientific testing.

PRND[S]
12-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Kinda related to your question, I`ve seen comments from people saying that they use ONR as a windshield washing additive due to its non-foaming nature and cleaning / dirt encapsulation abilities. I wonder if it also adds some freeze-resistance to keep the water from freezing.

JustJesus
12-12-2016, 07:37 PM
cool find with your super scientific testing. But where I`m from, things don`t freeze unless you stick `em in the freezer

mobiledynamics
12-12-2016, 07:46 PM
I don`t know but I have UWWP mixed at I believe 1/2 oz to 28 , and the small bottlei keep in the car has never frozen

trashmanssd
12-12-2016, 08:53 PM
I am just wondering what you are doing with 8 rinseless wash products, oh wait you are a true Autopian.

JSFM35X
12-12-2016, 09:16 PM
I would like to see a true side by side. I think that there is enough h20 In all to freeze. I don`t see any methanol or alcohol in these formulations and those are the go to chemicals to stop something from freezing. I`m sure there are others but those are the common ones.

JBM
12-13-2016, 10:11 PM
If I have the time I would like to do a sample test in the freezer. Im sure they will all freeze given enough time and or temp.

I do have a decent amount of rinselss, I still need to get carpro;s new one and Gary Deans ghost. Plus Clearfinish and Gloss shop are working on another new one.

Too many soaps, not enough cars.