PDA

View Full Version : Ferrex vs. Iron-x

ViperGuy21
12-07-2016, 09:09 PM
As the title says, which should I go with? Right now ACC only has Iron-x lemon scent, idk if LS is in anyway different from regular besides the scent.

Which should I go with??

rlmccarty2000
12-07-2016, 09:12 PM
I would go with the cheapest. I have used almost every fallout remover around and about the only difference is price. The two that don`t stink the worst to me is the new McKees and Britemax. Just don`t inhale and you will be fine. Lol

ViperGuy21
12-07-2016, 09:17 PM
I would go with the cheapest. I have used almost every fallout remover around and about the only difference is price. The two that don`t stink the worst to me is the new McKees and Britemax. Just don`t inhale and you will be fine. Lol
Really? I had heard somewhere that the McKee`s wasn`t as strong chemically. But, if it works the same in practice then I`m good with that

The Guz
12-07-2016, 09:39 PM
I`ve been using the lemon scented version of ironx and it works just fine. I just received ferrex but I have not had a chance to use it. I have heard that ferrex also removes tar on top of iron contaminants on the optimum synergy podcast.

ViperGuy21
12-07-2016, 10:13 PM
I`ve been using the lemon scented version of ironx and it works just fine. I just received ferrex but I have not had a chance to use it. I have heard that ferrex also removes tar on top of iron contaminants on the optimum synergy podcast.
Awesome, hadn`t heard that about the opt

tom p.
12-08-2016, 07:02 AM
I haven`t used IronX, but do own FerreX and a couple others. The FerreX is probably the best I`ve tried so far.

JustJesus
12-08-2016, 11:40 AM
I would go with the cheapest.

That.

I`ve tried IronX, BDX, and Gyeon`s Iron. Oddly enough, that`s about the order of worst smelling to best, and it`s a small margin. IME, they`ve worked about the same. So price is my determining factor at this point.

ViperGuy21
12-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Ray was nice and put Iron-x LS on Vega deals so I`m gonna go with that. Thanks for the input guys

XxBoostinxX
12-08-2016, 11:47 AM
That.

I`ve tried IronX, BDX, and Gyeon`s Iron. Oddly enough, that`s about the order of worst smelling to best, and it`s a small margin. IME, they`ve worked about the same. So price is my determining factor at this point.
I have tried all of these as well. With BDX being the weakest and a wash between IronX and Gyeon. I have a bottle of FerreX and I haven`t had the chance to use it yet. I am a OPT fanboy so I have high hopes for the FerreX.

grungy
12-08-2016, 08:25 PM
Have used both FerreX and 1Z ColorTec. FerreX smells beter and seem to do a better job while costing about the same or less depending on sales.

cf2121
12-08-2016, 09:35 PM
I just went through a gallon of Ferrex and would get it again, like everyone is saying, because it`s cheaper than IX.

It doesn`t smell as bad as IX, and seems to have a shorter worker time IME. Safe for all parts of the vehicle, I don`t have any gripes with it. It may be a tab weaker, but it`s negligible.

DaveT435
12-08-2016, 11:12 PM
I really like the McKee`s. Iron X and Ferrex are good. Brute ax I wasn`t real impressed with...