PDA

View Full Version : Mold spore and odor removal products

GTOGIRL3000
12-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Hi all,

My husband`s VR-4 was stored for the last 3 years and hasn`t seen the light of day until now. We have a mold issue in the interior. I used a mold killing spray product safe for interiors and wiped down all visible surfaces and sprayed the carpet. There are no seats in the car and I was able to spray everywhere. It has been a couple days since, and as luck would have it, it`s been cold/damp outside which obviously isn`t helping. I have the doors open and letting it air out as we speak, but not to my surprise the car is still quite moldy smelling. I`m sure the carpet/headliner has a lot to do with it.
There are a lot of odor removing "bombs", enzymatic products, moisture/odor removing containers (damp rid type), and sprays on the market....I have no experience with these products and I`m looking for something heavy duty. Please advise!
Thank you.

ShaneB
12-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Your first order of business is to find the source. You can spray whatever you want in there, but if you don`t remove the source of the odor, you`ll never get rid of it.

I`d recommend a very thorough cleaning top to bottom, shampoo everything, look under everywhere (possibly even pull up the carpet) then once that`s all done I`d hit it with ozone for a good hour or two