PDA

View Full Version : How I Store My Waxes- Pic

craigdt
11-30-2016, 07:37 PM
Just thought I`d share with everyone how I store my waxes. Someone a long time ago mentioned this in passing, and I thought it was a genius idea.
The mini fridge keeps everything a constant temperature- some of them have been in there for 8 years, and they havent changed consistency in the least.
I just put it on the lowest (warmest) setting.

http://i.imgur.com/OxWGFLn.jpg?1

In this era of ultra-advanced sealants and coatings, there`s just something soothing about a well-stocked wax fridge! B)

Thanks for reading!

JustJesus
11-30-2016, 08:22 PM
i was going to do the same, but was warned that the dehumidifier (?) was bad for the waxes. So i took the two I had in my regular fridge out.

Ronkh
11-30-2016, 08:31 PM
i was going to do the same, but was warned that the dehumidifier (?) was bad for the waxes. So i took the two I had in my regular fridge out.

:bigups

craigdt
11-30-2016, 08:34 PM

Can`t say that I know anything about dehumidifier effects- they certainly don`t seem "dry" to me.

rlmccarty2000
11-30-2016, 10:30 PM
Sealing them tight, then bagging them should keep them nice for a long time!

craigdt
11-30-2016, 10:32 PM
Sealing them tight, then bagging them should keep them nice for a long time!

I intend on the Megs #16 being family heirlooms.
"Great grandfather- tell us more about how you didn`t have robots to wax your non-flying car"

Striker
11-30-2016, 11:14 PM
Why so much megs mirror glaze ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craigdt
11-30-2016, 11:18 PM
Why so much megs mirror glaze ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because it`s discontinued, and hard to come across. :P
A lot of the old timers like it.

XxBoostinxX
12-01-2016, 11:34 AM
I store mine in a small wine fridge that my grandfather gave me. I`ll snap a pic when I get home.

JustJesus
12-01-2016, 11:38 AM
I intend on the Megs #16 being family heirlooms.
"Great grandfather- tell us more about how you didn`t have robots to wax your non-flying car"

oh, that`s funny. And you must really like the M16.

Because it`s discontinued, and hard to come across. :P
A lot of the old timers like it.

And some new timers too! (I bought one within the past year, and picked up two more after trying it out)