PDA

View Full Version : What`s the solution?

rlmccarty2000
11-29-2016, 09:01 PM
I bought a new pad washer. I just got tired of spending all that time leaning over the sink and my lower back just couldn`t take it anymore. So what cleaning solution are you using to get your pads their cleanest? Do you pretreat the really dirty pads? Any tips? I bought the Lake Country pad washer. I figured they had the most experience in pad cleaning.

ShakingHorizons
11-29-2016, 09:33 PM
I don`t have a pad cleaning machine, but I love Snappy Clean

Raymoche
11-29-2016, 11:20 PM
I almost.. always clean my pads with APC... hope I am not doing it wrong... lol

jrock645
11-29-2016, 11:43 PM
The Wolfgang pad cleaner works like a charm. Usually spray and brush them, let them sit a few minutes before dropping them into dawn water, until I`m finished working and sometimes I`ll let them go overnight. Then I wash in the machine with MF detergent. Pads always come out looking new.

RaydiantDetail
11-29-2016, 11:46 PM
I have the same pad washer :)
I use this: McKee`s 37 Polishing Pad Rejuvenator (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/dp-pad-cleaner.html#.WD5ZYygrLIU)
I think you could just as well use some APC/ Degreaser in it.
Using the LC pad washer I have not had to pretreat my pads at all and it gets them looking brand new after some heavy use.

Civicclutch
11-30-2016, 01:11 AM
I use the grit guard washer with McKee 37 pad cleaner in it and if pads are really dirty or dried I`ll use either Wolfgang`s or blackfire`s pad cleaner first to loosen rinse reapply let sit then clean thru pad washer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZeroDfx
11-30-2016, 01:18 PM
After you have washed them, what are you doing to dry them? Just letting them sit and air-dry? Or are you wringing them out at all to get rid of the bulk of the retained water?
My concern is whether wringing them out is harming the backing.
Thanks

The Driver
11-30-2016, 01:33 PM
I used pad washer, had every kind but then a friend introduced me to pressure washer them out. It works far better and much less time and mess.

After you have washed them, what are you doing to dry them? Just letting them sit and air-dry? Or are you wringing them out at all to get rid of the bulk of the retained water?
Thanks

I wouldn`t wring them out, just spin them out on a polisher. You can hurt the backing by wringing them out, I`ve done it a few times.

Civicclutch
11-30-2016, 02:15 PM
Thanks

I spin dry them in my pad washer which gets them fairly dry then I place them on towels on a wire shelf or rack with Velcro backing facing up to finish drying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlmccarty2000
11-30-2016, 02:21 PM
I don`t have a pad cleaning machine, but I love Snappy Clean

Do you just soak them in Snappy Clean then rinse them out? I`ve been using various pad cleaners, but the rinsing always takes me soooo long. My back starts barking and if pads weren`t so darn expensive I would throw them away. Rupes pads especially.