PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Essence, CSL and Exo V2 and a Question!

Pages : [1] 2

hawaiidude
11-28-2016, 12:05 AM
I`ll try to get pictures up later. I worked on my wife`s car this weekend. The paint on roof and hood has really bad etch damage and probably needs to be repainted. I still went ahead and polished however. Essence is a really good polish. Easy to use, easy to take off. Not very much cut at all even with a cutting pad.

First time I`ve tried CSL and Exo. I read reviews that you should let CSL dry for several minutes before removing. Gtechniq`s website shows that you should wipe off right after applying. I tried letting it dry for 6 minutes but once the product dried, it was pretty impossible to buff off. Whatever streaks and droplets are on after applying couldn`t be polished off. I guess this is a good thing, lets you know how well the product is bonded but aesthetically looks bad. I went ahead and started wiping a minute or so after applying. This seemed to work better. But any streak that`s left on too long can`t come off. Tell me if I`m doing something wrong. By the time I got to the last panel I got the hang of it and it looks the best.

The Exo went on well. it`s really stinky even in a well ventilated area.

The combo is unreal. If this lasts anywhere 8+ months, I`m sold. On the doors and sides, water doesn`t even stick to the paint, just slides right off. I`m used to using Zaino and it has unreal beading but nothing like this combo. I just need to get the hang of getting rid of the streaks.

Question: in between coatings, what should I use to upkeep paint? Any recommendations?

512detail
11-28-2016, 02:00 AM
how long you let csl sit before removal has a lot to do with the environmental conditions of your garage
I don`t let it sit longer than a minute or so

yes, the beading is pretty crazy

I`ve been testing it a few months now side by side ...the beading hasn`t changed one single bit and is almost exactly the same even when dirty

http://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/185517-holy-sheet-exo-csl-csl-exo-longevity-test.html?highlight=holy+sheet

you really only need to be using something like CarPro Reset to wash it with and that`s all

if you feel the need to top it, GTECH c2v3 would be ideal Or you could go with any coating booster or something like gyeon wet coat, but trust me, you Don`t need any toppers and you`re essentially wasting them if you use them, but toppers sure are fun!

Justins00ss
11-28-2016, 06:26 AM
512Detail is right. My experience with CSL is pretty much wipe on and wipe off immediately. I use Carpro Reset to maintain my coated vehicles as well.

DaveT435
11-28-2016, 10:40 AM
Yes it`s pretty much wipe on wipe off. When removing always go out further than the product is spread to make sure you don`t miss any residue. Check from different light angles also to be on the safe side. After CSL is dry as you know polish won`t remove it. Your going to have to hit it with a compound. You shouldn`t have any problems getting two years out of this combo. I usually get 18 months plus out of EXO.

hawaiidude
11-29-2016, 12:57 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah, not letting the product dry again. the streaks probably will be around for a while. Still amazed at the beading and shine. An expensive product but hopefully will last. I should also add, I used only about half of the smaller bottles for the rav4. I thought I`d have to use the whole thing.

I`ll purchase some c2v3

hawaiidude
11-29-2016, 01:00 AM
one more question. Let`s say a month from now, can I add another coat of Exo?

512detail
11-29-2016, 02:27 AM
one more question. Let`s say a month from now, can I add another coat of Exo?
two coats of exo over the initial csl would be ideal anyways, but if you only did one initially, i`d quit while you`re ahead now

and that csl left in the vile is not going to last long, especially if you leave the dropper top on there (about 11 days in my experience)

The Guz
11-29-2016, 02:34 AM
GTechniq quick detailer is another option to use as a maintenance product. I`ve seen it mentioned on another forum that it can last up to 2 months as a stand alone product.

hawaiidude
11-29-2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

What applicator pads do you recommend once the pads that came with the kit are used?

DaveT435
11-29-2016, 05:55 PM
two coats of exo over the initial csl would be ideal anyways, but if you only did one initially, i`d quit while you`re ahead now

and that csl left in the vile is not going to last long, especially if you leave the dropper top on there (about 11 days in my experience)

I was discussing this with someone the other day, more about EXO than CSL. EXO has no special seal, so once you put the top back on tight you basically have it sealed the same as the factory. So you have air in the bottle which will trigger the flashing process. Once enough of the carriers have turned to gas basically the process should stop as the chemicals have used all the oxygen during the process. I`m not a chemist and could be totally wrong...but it seems like this is what should happen. They say EXO is only good for 30 days, 60 if refridgerated. My question is why?? It sat on the shelf for how long already with a little air. Not refridgerated what`s going to happen in 60 days that hasn`t happened in 30 assuming the cap has remained tight on the bottle.

CSL is different than EXO, but again if the factory cap is on tight... What exactly are the problems you have with the product after 11 days? Does it get to the point it doesn`t spread very well, or wipe off becomes impossible, or it loses all it`s durability? 22 ple says their product is "good for at least a few month" is what I was told. Viking coat I believe is good for two years. I understand chemical composition is quite a bit different in these products. This has bothered me for a while. As a matter of fact I have 1/3 a bottle of CSL in the fridge in the garage I was going to try a spot on a loaner vehicle from the dealership but they got my car done faster than I thought they would. It`s going to have to go back in so I will be trying it then.

The Guz
11-29-2016, 06:52 PM
According to GTechniq it`s good for about 3 months after it is opened.

Crystal Serum Light | Crystal Serum Light | Usa.gtechniq.com (http://usa.gtechniq.com/products/auto/protect/exterior/paint/crystal-serum-light)

Use CSL within 1 year of purchasing, for best results, once opened use within 3 months

512detail
11-29-2016, 07:08 PM
According to GTechniq it`s good for about 3 months after it is opened.

Crystal Serum Light | Crystal Serum Light | Usa.gtechniq.com (http://usa.gtechniq.com/products/auto/protect/exterior/paint/crystal-serum-light)

Use CSL within 1 year of purchasing, for best results, once opened use within 3 months

yea I heard that too...all I know is what I have witnessed myself, however

512detail
11-29-2016, 07:11 PM
I was discussing this with someone the other day, more about EXO than CSL. EXO has no special seal, so once you put the top back on tight you basically have it sealed the same as the factory. So you have air in the bottle which will trigger the flashing process. Once enough of the carriers have turned to gas basically the process should stop as the chemicals have used all the oxygen during the process. I`m not a chemist and could be totally wrong...but it seems like this is what should happen. They say EXO is only good for 30 days, 60 if refridgerated. My question is why?? It sat on the shelf for how long already with a little air. Not refridgerated what`s going to happen in 60 days that hasn`t happened in 30 assuming the cap has remained tight on the bottle.

CSL is different than EXO, but again if the factory cap is on tight... What exactly are the problems you have with the product after 11 days? Does it get to the point it doesn`t spread very well, or wipe off becomes impossible, or it loses all it`s durability? 22 ple says their product is "good for at least a few month" is what I was told. Viking coat I believe is good for two years. I understand chemical composition is quite a bit different in these products. This has bothered me for a while. As a matter of fact I have 1/3 a bottle of CSL in the fridge in the garage I was going to try a spot on a loaner vehicle from the dealership but they got my car done faster than I thought they would. It`s going to have to go back in so I will be trying it then.

mine turned into glass shards essentially

the mistake I made was keeping the dropper top on there (it doesn`t produce much of a seal) - that`s when it was going bad in less than 2 weeks

the second bottle, I used the original cap and it lasted about 3 weeks or so (there was only a little bit left in the bottle anyways)..at about 3 weeks it was starting to crystalize as well and I tried some of it on my truck- it applied just fine, it didn`t scratch the paint either (yea I know that was a big no-no but I had to find out for myself)... I DO NOT recommend anyone do the same as I did there

DaveT435
11-29-2016, 08:22 PM

the mistake I made was keeping the dropper top on there (it doesn`t produce much of a seal) - that`s when it was going bad in less than 2 weeks

the second bottle, I used the original cap and it lasted about 3 weeks or so (there was only a little bit left in the bottle anyways)..at about 3 weeks it was starting to crystalize as well and I tried some of it on my truck- it applied just fine, it didn`t scratch the paint either (yea I know that was a big no-no but I had to find out for myself)... I DO NOT recommend anyone do the same as I did there

Good to know. If there is only I little in the bottle I can understand because the amount of oxygen in the bottle. Half a bottle or more is a little different. It`s going to be interesting to see what happens when I apply what I have on the loaner car. Hopefully they don`t give me a black vehicle next time, just in case lo

DaveT435
11-29-2016, 09:09 PM

Don`t feel bad. The first coating I tried was CQuartz. When I went to apply it the very top of the cap was broken, first I thought it was a flip top. Nope...just broken and a little crusty around the edge of where the cap was broken. I checked it out, it was still mostly there and liquid. Yeah...I did the whole hood, applied it pretty thick too. What a PITA. Haven`t used CQuartz since. I actually bought a bottle when I bought me Essence, I don`t know if I`ll ever use it or not lol