PDA

View Full Version : Question about carpro essence, essence plus and zaino fusion

hawaiidude
11-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Ok I`m a die hard zaino user but have been reading about essence and have a few questions. I`m about to work on the wife`s rav4 and it needs lots of work.

1. how does essence compare to zaino fusion? I was planning on using fusion first, then essence (still have to buy). or is this repetitive?

2. regarding essence PLUS, can gtechniq`s csl evo combo go over it? or would it be better not to use essence PLUS and put the gtechniq combo over essence.

Thanks all!

512detail
11-14-2016, 03:52 PM
if youre gonna use the csl and exo id say do essence (normal)

if you do csl and then exo on top of that, you`ll be pretty impressed-- I know I am

I have some of the PC fusion from zaino and I don`t think ive ever actually used it- ha

hawaiidude
11-14-2016, 03:56 PM
thank you. I was thinking these steps
1. wash
2. nanoskin autoscrub
3. zaino fusion
4. essence
5. CSL EVO

512detail
11-14-2016, 03:57 PM
and don`t coat on top of essence plus... merlin covered that in his review of that product

its a lsp only or as I like to see it, a si02 glaze for coatings

512detail
11-14-2016, 04:08 PM
you could probably skip the fusion step
id imagine it cuts about the same as essence controlling for the same pad

JBM
11-14-2016, 05:04 PM
Ive used fusion on and off for several years and while its a pretty good finishing polish essence blows it away. Skip it.

The Guz
11-14-2016, 06:50 PM
Ok I`m a die hard zaino user but have been reading about essence and have a few questions. I`m about to work on the wife`s rav4 and it needs lots of work.

1. how does essence compare to zaino fusion? I was planning on using fusion first, then essence (still have to buy). or is this repetitive?

2. regarding essence PLUS, can gtechniq`s csl evo combo go over it? or would it be better not to use essence PLUS and put the gtechniq combo over essence.

Thanks all!

See the following link to answer question 2. Your best bet is essence topped with CSL/Exo.

SEMA 2016 : New CarPro products! Essence Plus - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=385996)

BudgetPlan1
11-14-2016, 08:30 PM
its a lsp only or as I like to see it, a si02 glaze for coatings

In that it doesn`t remove any defects but rather fills/hides them, correct? Just like your typical glaze...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

hawaiidude
11-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys. I was typing in EVO, duh, sorry. Exo.

how aggressive is essence? The hood and roof are pretty bad, was thinking I needed to compound so that`s why I was thinking zaino fusion.

If essence plus is as good as everyone says, I may need to stop using zaino...

JBM
11-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Fusion isnt terribly aggressive is it?

With a MF pad essence can appear to correct quite a bit, more so then fusion imo.

hawaiidude
11-15-2016, 02:40 PM
JBM, thanks. Will try it out. Excited to try essence.

rlmccarty2000
11-16-2016, 07:38 AM
Essence is not good for heavy or even moderate correction, even with a microfiber pad. Use Essence like a finishing polish that fills slight imperfections. I like to use Essence after Menz FG400. Using Essence with a microfiber pad creates more heat which "cures" Essence quicker while improving the cut of Essence.