PDA

View Full Version : Forensic Detailing Channel

dschribs
11-09-2016, 08:55 AM
Anyone watch this guy on You Tube? His videos are very comprehensive. He`s in the UK so some of the products he reviews are not available in the US.

I still can`t believe I watched an hour & 1/2 of him reviewing Microfibers.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_4lRohBzY20wjsFGWS0Jzg

Migue
11-09-2016, 09:48 AM
I would like to, I really would , but those videos are waaaaaaayyyyy too long and there`s no way they do not possess a good chunk of filler repetitive talk. I know videos that are 15+ minutes do. I think last time I watched one I found myself skipping clips of the video, the good info is pretty good though.

PRND[S]
11-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Anyone watch this guy on You Tube? His videos are very comprehensive. He`s in the UK so some of the products he reviews are not available in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_4lRohBzY20wjsFGWS0JzgClick the gear icon in the Youtube player window and bump up the speed. Youtube will adjust the pitch of the audio to compensate for the increased playback speed, so voices will still sound fairly natural instead of like Disney characters. :D

JustJesus
11-09-2016, 01:11 PM

Just last wednesday, I told my friend he`s lucky that *I* would sit through 1.5 hrs of drying towels video! Cuz I`ll just give him the Cliff`s notes version, or just tell him which towel to buy.

I rather like this "mate" - his reviews are very much what I like to see. Some guys tend to go off on tangents or rants that last way too long, others (myself included) don`t even talk, so we can`t get in the person`s brain as to the "why" of things.

I think, for me at least, it`s important to understand *his* perspective, where he`s coming from, what he wants, etc, to see why he chooses the products he does. So going into all that talk he does, helps with that. Then, I can try and form my own conclusions based on his findings. There is no way I`m going to buy THAT many drying towels to find what works best *for me* - For example, I`ve been happy enough with the Rag Company waffle weaves, which he places low on his scoring. Understandable as he has a biased against waffle weaves. He also prefers a certain drying METHOD, and I think that`s patting down? I forget now. But point is, it`s different from MY drying method.

That`s my rant. Thank you, come again.

dschribs
11-09-2016, 01:29 PM
He does put the Rag Co Eagle edgeless as his No 1 MF. I`d have to agree w that.

One thing is for sure.. Its a whole lot better than watching reviews of products from company reps whose companies actually SELL the products.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Tc99m
11-10-2016, 03:16 PM
Radio stations in Atlanta are horrible IMHO. I`ll listen to his channel during my 35min commute.

JBM
11-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Hes a member here and other places. I actually followed him experimenting making a wax. Interesting videos.

Migue
11-10-2016, 05:22 PM
One thing is for sure.. Its a whole lot better than watching reviews of products from company reps whose companies actually SELL the products.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Absolutely, anytime i`m browsing through Youtube looking for a review,and i see it`s posted by the MFG/Seller, It gets an immediate skip.

gspam
01-02-2017, 04:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_4lRohBzY20wjsFGWS0Jzg

I watch them in stages, too long for one sitting. He does provide some great info and clearly puts a lot of work into these videos. Seems like a very good guy.

Tpr1634
01-02-2017, 05:23 PM
I signed on in the very beginning, love the channel......

04blkpearlcoupe
01-05-2017, 11:40 PM
I just discovered his channel about a week ago. He is very thorough and about as scientific as one can get without having an actual science lab. I subscribed after watching the first video.

FJF
08-21-2017, 08:51 AM
I`m a big fan of the videos. Love the extended format.

RaydiantDetail
08-21-2017, 01:47 PM
I do enjoy his channel as well.