PDA

View Full Version : How to stop leather-on-leather squeak?

kaos
06-10-2006, 09:12 PM
So I was out shopping for a new computer chair today... :)

Found one that is very, very comfortable, and very nicely priced. (Clearance from $199 down to $99) The only drawback is that the way it is upholstered, the cushion is wrapped with leather separately from the actual base of the chair, and it squeaks whenever you move in it.

Anything that can be done about that? Something I could treat it with, perhaps, to let the leather just kinda slide on itself quietly rather than squeaking? And will such a treatment be harmful to the leather at all? Some part of me would think that anything that would help it slide would also tend to dry it out... *shrug*

I figured since we take care of a lot of leather here at the forum, somebody might have a helpful tip for this one! :)

Maxima Lover
06-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Baby powder.

Brenton
06-11-2006, 06:37 AM
How to stop leather-on-leather squeak?

Some Suggestions:
-take off your Harley leathers before working on the computer
-less S&M
-don`t take fashion advice from big hair bands

Other than that, I have no idea. Good luck!

Brenton
06-12-2006, 05:00 AM
Sorry, I didn`t mean for my lame humour to shut down the thread.
Did baby powder do it, or does someone else have an idea?

kaos
06-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Hehe, well, if it`s any consolation, I did actually get a chuckle out of it, especially since at least half of the cd`s in my car are big hair bands.... :D

I didn`t actually buy the chair, just thought I`d throw a post up to see if there was anything that could be done if I were to pick it up.