PDA

View Full Version : Sonax fine abrasive paste 5/4

LashingStanley
11-06-2016, 02:28 PM
hey guys, I bought some Sonax fine abrasive paste 5/4 because it was half off it`s regular price and I`ve hear alot of great things about sonax polishes. I work on alot of old classic cars with single stage lacquer pant. Most of them are repainted and alot of them have heavy orange peel. The picture I attached shows a panel I hand sanded with 1500 grit then 2500 grit. I tried the sonax compound (which looks alot like the consistency of m205) and immediately it turned into what appeared to be pure water. I used 3 pea sized drops and tried it on both a rotary and a DA. Both times it turned watery which is what is shown in the picture. There were actual water drops running down the paint. Does anyone have any experience with this polish? I`ve never seen this happen with a polish before.

While it was a complete mess to work with and splattered water everywhere, it did still appear to remove some of the sanding marks but at the same time was so watery you can see in the picture where it actually started running down the panel. Thanks guys!

http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32266&stc=1