PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 1 Tire swipes.

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
11-05-2016, 01:06 PM

Used these this afternoon to apply the hyper dressing to my tires. If your out of your fav. tire dressing applicator, these OTC swipes work great. Under $3 for a pair. Advanced Auto or Autozone.

ShakingHorizons
11-05-2016, 01:20 PM
I`ve tried many applicators and continue to go back to those!

Mr. Slick
11-05-2016, 01:56 PM
I use these. The ones they sell here are like $15 a pair I think that`s a huge ripoff. I get these at autozone.

dschribs
11-05-2016, 07:49 PM
I bought out all six packs last time I was at Autozone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Bill D
11-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Years ago the dollar store used to sell these. I bought so many I still have some. The thing is now I have to glue the black foam back on to the rest of the swipe before using them. I have no idea when my supply will run out especially since I cut the swipes in half to accommodate low profile tires

Accumulator
11-06-2016, 12:57 PM
IU`ve tried those, but they don`t get product down into the sidewall/etc. texture as well as other applicators (and even with my faves I have to do some areas with a brush).

Are people using these on smooth sidewalls or what? Not arguing by any means, genuinely curious about how people use those on certain tires. Just spent forever doing the Michelins on the Tahoe...used three different application media.

ViperGuy21
11-06-2016, 01:52 PM
I use those(from AA)and they work great and are cheap they don`t last very long.

But, since they are so cheap and readily available it`s not a big deal

pingable
11-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Has anyone else seen anything similar in FOAM as the one Tufshine provides. I really like that orange foam block. It`s one step softer than let`s say LC yellow/black applicators.

Those curved ones won`t work for me. Most of our rides are big wheels - lo pro tires.

Lonnie
11-21-2016, 01:35 PM
I use these E1 tire dressing applicators as well, BUT, I must concur that:
1) They do not last long when used on knobby-tread truck or winter-specific tires;
2) They do not get into the recessed of the side tread patterns or "lugs."
3) They are less expensive and work pretty well on regular car tires, AKA they are cost-effective.

I use them to apply Aerospace 303 protectant for a matte, natural-looking finish on tires. I also use Meg`s consumer line (OTC) Tire High Endurance that has a much "shiner" finish than I prefer, but it does last a long time (2 weeks through 1 car wash and rainy weather) and after four days of driving the shine wears off for a more matte finish. I have written on the applicators with a permanent marker as to what type of protectant/tire shine it is used for and keep them in a plastic quart freezer bag when not in use. THe one used with Tire High Endurance sure is oily and slimy, to say the least. I end up using Goop or Permatex Fast-Orange Smooth (not Pumice) Hand Gel to clean my hands after the using Meg`s Endurance because of the slimy mess it makes, even using the E1 applicator. (Yah, yah I know; time for some throw-away latex or plastic gloves)

parttimer
11-21-2016, 02:43 PM
I always wear gloves when using dressing, makes life much easier post tire treatment!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

rlmccarty2000
11-21-2016, 03:03 PM
I wish I could find some of the applicators that come with the Turtle Wax Tire coating kit. They are firm with ridges so you can get below the raised letters on tires. It`s a shame they discontinued it. Great kit.

dschribs
11-23-2016, 07:45 AM
Delivered to my door this morning. Just in case they ever stop making them...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/3c58cce4f92775712643e003b643543c.jpg

ShakingHorizons
11-23-2016, 09:49 AM
Delivered to my door this morning. Just in case they ever stop making them...

What did you end up paying per pack? Pep Boys has 25% off right now, making them $2.09/pack.

Bill D
11-23-2016, 10:21 AM
It`s good you bought that many because I think they will stop making them. They already stopped the dollar store ones

dschribs
11-23-2016, 10:45 AM
$2.33 per pack delivered right to my front door by Amazon.

I actually might have go to my local Pep Boys to see if they have any in stock.