PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Hose

dschribs
11-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Anyone use one of those (retractable) Pocket Hoses?

i`m thinking of getting one but I hear more bad things about them than good. I do know I would want to go with one that has the brass fittings.

Can anyone recommend a certain brand? I`d need at least a 50 foot hose if not a 75 foot.

Thanks!

Dan

mobiledynamics
11-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Volume flow is going to not be good. Get a good 5/8 or 3/4 rubber hose...

Ronkh
11-02-2016, 10:10 AM
There were a bunch of negative reviews on here a long time ago

dontlikemyname
11-02-2016, 10:32 AM
I had one and it leaked and bust only after about a week and a half....I DO NOT recommend one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill D
11-02-2016, 10:32 AM
In two words: they suck

They spring leaks at the most inconvenient times

Mary B
11-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Anyone use one of those (retractable) Pocket Hoses?

i`m thinking of getting one but I hear more bad things about them than good. I do know I would want to go with one that has the brass fittings.

Can anyone recommend a certain brand? I`d need at least a 50 foot hose if not a 75 foot.

Thanks!

Dan

If you`re talkin` the one that shrinks up to about a 10ft length, like my 50ft. I wrap it on a cheap 88cent cord wrap
and it fits in with my cords, very cool tool. I use mine with a Foamgun, works great with attached quick connects.
Wish I would have picked the 75ft, 50ft is just barely enough. It is what it is, not heavy duty.

rlmccarty2000
11-02-2016, 10:40 AM
For very light duty use it`s fine. Not going to last very long. I got a free one for a review (100 ft). The connectors were a low grade aluminum type material that was flimsy. I didn`t even try to hook it up to my PW. I decided to give it to my Mother because of its light weight. She likes it.

Migue
11-02-2016, 10:49 AM
I had two , one with the brass fittings and one with plastic fittings. The plastic one leaked from the get go around the fittings, it eventually developed leaks through the hose body . The brass one lasted a lot longer; I was using it as my go to hose for washing here from Home and it was great due to how compact it is and you can throw it in a 1-gallon bucket for mobile jobs . I had high hopes for it but it eventually developed a bubble that busted and leaked everywhere so I have not purchased another since then. I think the exterior layer/jacket is what got worn down from being dragged around normally and then it exposed the plastic "frame" ,causing it to get damaged next.

Whatever company ends up coming out with one that actually lasts a while will make good $ off that, because the convenience of a compact hose like that is just unbeatable IME . Maybe I`ll eventually buy another brass one, baby it a lot more and see if I can get it to last longer.

Swanicyouth
11-02-2016, 12:54 PM
They suck. Bought one - leaked on day #2. It was the upgraded version with brass fittings.

Maybe the worse product I have ever bought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dschribs
11-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Ok! That`s that.

Thanks.

I`d just love to get some sort of "lightweight` hose....

rottenII
11-02-2016, 05:15 PM
I had the brass version and it worked ok but was super convenient during the winter when the full size hose needed to be dragged from the basement. BUT...as soon as I snagged it on the edge of the garage door opening it sprung a leak and that was that.