PDA

View Full Version : Genevieve is coming - I`ve got too many products to choose from

Pages : [1] 2

Docpeanut
10-28-2016, 11:10 PM
I`ve got a new toy coming by the end of the year. Just gotta wait for the factory to build and ship. I`m thinking of skipping a coating and just layering some different polish angel - cosmic spritz, gold zirkon, high gloss spray.

Any input ladies and gents? Here`s a stock picture, I`ve been eyeing up the street glide for a long time. I got the go ahead from the commander in chief to add a second hog to the garage, who am I to argue.

Bunky
10-29-2016, 05:26 AM
Congrats !!

Pats300zx
10-29-2016, 06:22 AM
Beautiful bike !!! Congrats

rlmccarty2000
10-29-2016, 08:27 AM
Great looking bike! You`ve got the right idea, just use PA products. Viking Spritz would be my favorite. You might need a fine polish first though. Hopefully not, but check the paint thoroughly. Drive safely.

RaysWay
10-29-2016, 08:36 AM
Aw man I`m jealous. High Gloss into Gold Zirkon sounds great. But I like rlmccarty2000`s idea with a fine finishing polish to start like PA Esclate or finishing polish.

Docpeanut
10-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Oh yeah, it`s definitely going to get polished first. I keep telling the salesman not to let anyone wash her when she arrives. I`m gonna try my hand at jeweling the paint with the flex kompakt first

rlmccarty2000
10-29-2016, 11:16 AM
Yeah, PA Escalate followed by Viking Spritz and WOW! Please post pics when finished.

RaysWay
10-29-2016, 11:35 AM
Oh yeah, it`s definitely going to get polished first. I keep telling the salesman not to let anyone wash her when she arrives. I`m gonna try my hand at jeweling the paint with the flex kompakt first

The PE8 is a tough machine to jewel with since it doesn`t have a soft trigger start and starts out at 1300 rpm (that`s like speed setting 3 on a Makita 9237c). Most of the other rotaries start out at 400 if you feather the trigger and 600 constant on speed 1. I know you`re experienced with the PE8, but I would be super careful if I were you.

Docpeanut
10-29-2016, 11:36 AM
Yeah, PA Escalate followed by Viking Spritz and WOW! Please post pics when finished.

Ive got a ton of PA products but I just ordered esclate. Pics for sure!

Docpeanut
10-29-2016, 11:38 AM
The PE8 is a tough machine to jewel with since it doesn`t have a soft trigger start and starts out at 1300 rpm (that`s like speed setting 3 on a Makita 9237c). Most of the other rotaries start out at 400 if you feather the trigger and 600 constant on speed 1. I know you`re experienced with the PE8, but I would be super careful if I were you.

Hmmm good points there! I have a Pe-14 but I may just do some regular polishing and not worry about jeweling the paint

RaysWay
10-29-2016, 11:47 AM
Hmmm good points there! I have a Pe-14 but I may just do some regular polishing and not worry about jeweling the paint

If you have a PE14 I`d use that for sure! That`s the mac daddy for jewelling paint since it`s so smooth and light. I`d put the extension and smaller backing plates on it and jewel it for sure. Wish I could help!

Docpeanut
10-29-2016, 12:27 PM
If you have a PE14 I`d use that for sure! That`s the mac daddy for jewelling paint since it`s so smooth and light. I`d put the extension and smaller backing plates on it and jewel it for sure. Wish I could help!

How bad is it that I don`t know if I have the extension and smaller backing plates, I`ll have to look in a bit.

Mary B
10-29-2016, 04:13 PM
You named your bike Genevieve ??

I think I`ll name my Malibu....Lance B)

:PolishAngel: I vote for Master final Polish or Esclate Lotion, Master sealant, Viking Spritz.

Docpeanut
10-29-2016, 05:06 PM
You named your bike Genevieve ??

I think I`ll name my Malibu....Lance B)

:PolishAngel: I vote for Master final Polish or Esclate Lotion, Master sealant, Viking Spritz.

I sure did lol, my other Harley is Haley, so now it`s gonna be Haley the Harley and Genevieve. I`m going to polish with either master final polish or esclate for sure, then it`s most likely going to be a smorgasbord of sprays - Viking spritz, gold zirkon, cosmic spritz l, high gloss and probably red opal since it`s orange with red undertones. I may also throw a few coats of centurion on top as well. I`ll never stop chasing the shine

Mary B
10-29-2016, 05:15 PM
I sure did lol, my other Harley is Haley, so now it`s gonna be Haley the Harley and Genevieve. I`m going to polish with either master final polish or esclate for sure, then it`s most likely going to be a smorgasbord of sprays - Viking spritz, gold zirkon, cosmic spritz l, high gloss and probably red opal since it`s orange with red undertones. I may also throw a few coats of centurion on top as well. I`ll never stop chasing the shine

Harley Heaven with Polish Angels :10: