PDA

View Full Version : Adams NEW trim coating.

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
10-27-2016, 12:24 PM
Adam`s Polishes Ceramic Trim & Plastic Coating (http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/sub-category-1/adam-s-trim-coating-kit.html)

The Guz
10-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Eh for that price I can get something that is not only cheaper but performs very well like DLUX or Gtechniq C4. I`ll toss Gyeon Trim in there even though I have not personally used.

DKumarm3
10-27-2016, 02:30 PM
I am happy with G4 over 18 months on my personal M3.

SYMAWD
10-27-2016, 02:35 PM
Keep in mind that this is a 50mL bottle and when bought separately the towels alone are $20 from Adam`s.

Kean
10-27-2016, 03:00 PM
They can keep the towel, applicator and other products in this kit (since I would never buy them on their own anyhow), I would just be interested in the coating. Being an "intro" price for this kit I have to wonder how much that is going to be (assuming they will offer it à la carte).

I already own other products that provide me with similar results. Like Guz, I am also a C4 user. While I will gladly point out that it may not work with all plastic surfaces (I have some specific examples of where it didn`t work for me), I can usually get 6 months to > 1 year out of it. A 30ml bottle last me a long time and costs me about $60.

Given time, some more reviews and if the price is right, I might try it out in the future.

rlmccarty2000
10-27-2016, 03:29 PM
I don`t own any Adams products. It just seems that their products are covered by other manufacturers lineups. Like this new product, I have Solution Finish and CarPro DLux to do the job.

Ronkh
10-27-2016, 03:33 PM
I just hit everything with Gyeon Wet Coat.

Done

Kean
10-27-2016, 03:38 PM
I don`t own any Adams products. It just seems that their products are covered by other manufacturers lineups. Like this new product, I have Solution Finish and CarPro DLux to do the job. Personally, I do like some of their products better than similar offerings out on the market I have tried. Their In & Out spray is a good example. ....could do without the overpowering baby powder scent however.

The Guz
10-27-2016, 03:41 PM
I don`t own any Adams products. It just seems that their products are covered by other manufacturers lineups. Like this new product, I have Solution Finish and CarPro DLux to do the job.

Good combo. I just did Solution Finish and Gtechniq C4 on one of mine. Seems to be doing pretty well.

After the last fiasco I`m done with Adams.

Personally, I do like some of their products better than similar offerings out on the market I have tried. Their In & Out spray is a good example. ....could do without the overpowering baby powder scent however.

Have you tired Meguiar`s D4510 Plastic & Vinyl Coating? It`s cheaper and does the same thing.

Kean
10-27-2016, 03:58 PM
Have you tired Meguiar`s D4510 Plastic & Vinyl Coating? It`s cheaper and does the same thing. No, I haven`t. I currently have two cans of In & Out to go through but maybe I`ll pick up the P&VC next time. I have a local supply shop that sells nearly all the products that are available in each line they carry (including some in large containers). I`ll grab a can next time I`m in there to try it out. Thanks for the tip.

....on a side note, I once bought Stoners Trim Shine in a pinch and regretted that decision within the first few moments of use.

Mooser
10-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Personally, I do like some of their products better than similar offerings out on the market I have tried. Their In & Out spray is a good example. ....could do without the overpowering baby powder scent however.

CG BLACK ON BLACK is virtually identical (less scent I`d say) at about 1/2 the price of in&out
M

JSFM35X
10-27-2016, 04:58 PM
I have watched their videos and even signed up for the forum but for the life of me I just can not find myself drawn to even try one of their products. Except the fire hose nozzle. Deadly expensive but I like it and it`s so expensive I would not recommend as a good bang for the buck. It`s just way over priced. I feel the same way looking at the trim coat.

Ronkh
10-27-2016, 05:01 PM
I have watched their videos and even signed up for the forum but for the life of me I just can not find myself drawn to even try one of their products. Except the fire hose nozzle. Deadly expensive but I like it and it`s so expensive I would not recommend as a good bang for the buck. It`s just way over priced. I feel the same way looking at the trim coat.

They have to pay for the "Official detail stuff of Corvette" label

I use the fire nozzle from here. IT`S GREAT

rwright
10-27-2016, 05:25 PM
CG BLACK ON BLACK is virtually identical (less scent I`d say) at about 1/2 the price of in&out
M

I dropped the CG after discovering Meguiar`s D4510 Plastic & Vinyl Coating gives the same exact performance at about 1/2 the price of CG

JBM
10-27-2016, 06:14 PM
Im not an Adams fan, but you have to at least give them props for keeping a product lineup current. Whats 80 bucks for a kit, pennies. Adams fans are probably thrilled.