PDA

View Full Version : Iron x?

ramirezd0305
10-26-2016, 11:13 PM
Can iron x be used routinely on wheels that produce alot of brake dust? like on twice a month washes.

Civicclutch
10-27-2016, 12:06 AM
I would say yes but if you use a rim coating or wheel wax all you should need then is regular car soap and it`ll be a whole lot cheaper and easier that way. But I generally use 3D BDX as it works just about as good and is cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViperGuy21
10-27-2016, 12:39 AM
PBL wheel coating and your life will become much easier. Then you focus on making the really fun part: making the paint shiny:)

ramirezd0305
10-27-2016, 08:41 AM
I would say yes but if you use a rim coating or wheel wax all you should need then is regular car soap and it`ll be a whole lot cheaper and easier that way. But I generally use 3D BDX as it works just about as good and is cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes my wheels are coated with opticoat pro+... just the face of the wheel is coated tho, the brake dust is not that bad i guess im OCD lol. I I did order some iron x and will use try it out

RaysWay
10-27-2016, 08:48 AM
Yep Iron X is acid-free and pH-balanced, so it`s safe for regular use. If you`ve never used it...you`re going to love it. Just be sure to use it in a well ventilated area and avoid breathing any of it in.

ramirezd0305
10-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Yep Iron X is acid-free and pH-balanced, so it`s safe for regular use. If you`ve never used it...you`re going to love it. Just be sure to use it in a well ventilated area and avoid breathing any of it in.
I heard its death in a bottle ☠

TheMeanGreen
10-27-2016, 08:56 AM
It isn`t too bad if used in a ventilated, I`ve certainly smelled worse.

Migue
10-27-2016, 09:00 AM
As already recommended, coating or sealing the wheels/spokes makes maintenance a LOT easier. I have not used any cleaners besides car wash soap on my wheels for months, and they`re just sealed which takes a few minutes.

Merlin
10-27-2016, 11:53 AM
It comes in Regular and "Lemon" scent.
IMHO the lemon scent smells a bit better but again IMHO the regular works better.
This is some fun stuff on wheels. (We want to see pics.) I actually use it on paint too.
After a wash and before a clay, on a full detail, I`ll spray and smear with a foam applicator.
Once it is rinsed off you`ll be surprised and the little amount of contaminants on your clay bar.

NOTE:
Use only in the shade (well ventilated are...(it smells like a bad hair permanent).

Do not let it dry on the paint or the wheels!!!

Note:
Not my video...but you get the idea...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4E38Kemdw8

JustJesus
10-27-2016, 12:10 PM
And for added fun.....you can make art ! :wacko:

http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww116/JustJesus_Video/Detailing%20Shots/IMG_20160807_090352491_HDR_zpszjggyfcl.jpg (http://s711.photobucket.com/user/JustJesus_Video/media/Detailing%20Shots/IMG_20160807_090352491_HDR_zpszjggyfcl.jpg.html)

ramirezd0305
10-27-2016, 12:47 PM
It comes in Regular and "Lemon" scent.
IMHO the lemon scent smells a bit better but again IMHO the regular works better.
This is some fun stuff on wheels. (We want to see pics.) I actually use it on paint too.
After a wash and before a clay, on a full detail, I`ll spray and smear with a foam applicator.
Once it is rinsed off you`ll be surprised and the little amount of contaminants on your clay bar.

NOTE:
Use only in the shade (well ventilated are...(it smells like a bad hair permanent).

Do not let it dry on the paint or the wheels!!!

Note:

Damm thats insane, although I plan not to use it in that fashion just yet... mostly on my wheels since my car is opticoated I dont think its time for such a decon just yet.

Question tho? Opti pro+ will hold up against any chemical correct... will not remove the coating?

Accumulator
10-27-2016, 12:58 PM
What am I missing here...why would somebody use IronX for their regular Wheel Cleaner?

I know there`s some degree of ferrous stuff from the rotors, but I`d think most of the "brakedust" is NON-ferrous and that othe products would clean that off better or at least as well (at a lower cost).

IME it`s easy enough to keep wheels nice with either regular Carwash or a known-safe Wheel Cleaner.

But again, maybe I`m missing something here so clue me in/correct me if so!

ramirezd0305
10-27-2016, 01:14 PM
What am I missing here...why would somebody use IronX for their regular Wheel Cleaner?

I know there`s some degree of ferrous stuff from the rotors, but I`d think most of the "brakedust" is NON-ferrous and that othe products would clean that off better or at least as well (at a lower cost).

IME it`s easy enough to keep wheels nice with either regular Carwash or a known-safe Wheel Cleaner.

But again, maybe I`m missing something here so clue me in/correct me if so!
lol sorry for the confusion.... OCD kicked in maybe OPC would be a better choice

Accumulator
10-27-2016, 02:03 PM
lol sorry for the confusion.... OCD kicked in maybe OPC would be a better choice

OPC is great stuff, but I use it primarily for greasy stuff. My sorta-strong shampoo mix (for the foamguns- ~70oz. shampoo to ~121 oz. water) works well on LSPed/coated wheels, and stuff like Griot`s/P21s works well on the bare ones. I`ve never tried the HD versions of those Wheel Cleaners, but they oughta work even better.

Wonder how the cost of those compares to stuff like OPC...I somehow think the latter would cost more while providing no additional benefits for this application. But again...somebody correct me if I`m off-base.

BudgetPlan1
10-27-2016, 05:48 PM
Note:

Geez...that owner work in a foundry or railyard?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk