PDA

View Full Version : 22ple HPC experience

Pages : 1 [2]

scharnhorst310
06-15-2018, 01:14 PM
After the last 18 or so months, may need to change username to Busted BudgetPlan1
Recently added up total expenditures that were easy to find/download and...uh, oops.

Only downside to the 22ple. I actually wait 20-24hrs between coats as that is what 22ple recommended (if possible) when I did actually communicate successfully with them.

I did bosses Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat Ford Explorer last year in HPC + Finitura...looked really cool, kinda like a candied apple with a thick layer of the `candied` part. It was nicely `molten`

When I bought a new black Honda Accord Coupe last year, I first did it in 22ple HPC. Was really nice but next to the Kamikaze black Vette in the garage, it lacked the depth of Kamikaze. The `outer` molten, candy-gloss layer of 22ple was very appealing but overall it didn`t look as rich as Kamikaze. That`s all a personal thing though, so irrelevant to anybody else`s eye`s.

Based on the Fleet Vehicle I first used 22ple HPC on back in March 2017, I kinda suspect the 22ple HPC may be just a bit of an overall `tougher` coating than Kamikaze, a suspicion that will either be confirmed or debunked this coming November when the Kamikaze Fleet Vehicle I did in February 2018 finishes it`s first 20k miles with no maintenance.
It really does make that red pop though. I think this something people should consider as well when choosing this coating. Some colors could use more of that warm depth look, others a could be be enhanced by that thick hard shell look. On my new car, which is more of a wet cement look I wanted something with a bit more warmth; on the pearl white golf the shine of HPC looked great to my eyes.

To me the most important take away from all this (for my personal benefit) is that I`ve found 2 coatings that I can verify (and others have as well) that are "legit." They`re reliable, and solid performers in our consumer space (filled with tons of options these days). I`ve tried a few others that were fine, but I look at like, if i`m going through the work to apply a coating, I want more than fine (completely personal choice). I have a friend getting a minivan... as much as that pains me to see and he`ll want me to help apply a coating to it, and i`m going to suggest both of these options. Ultimately I think that is the best way to judge, would you apply something to your car, and/or to a friend/family members car.