PDA

View Full Version : Gyeon Trim and intricate trim pieces...

BudgetPlan1
10-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Was gonna coat all the black plastic trim using Gyeon Trim; pieces are kinda intricate (for lack of a better word) and wondering best approach. Can certainly get to all the nooks and crannies using the foam tipped detailing sticks but it`ll likely take more time than it takes the Gyeon Trim to cure, possibly leaving the joyful uneveness that coatings can produce. Any tips/ideas? A job for Gyeon Can Coat instead If can coat can be used on plastic...not sure)?

http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32040&stc=1

Thanks for any info/techniques you can provide.

Ronkh
10-06-2016, 09:53 AM
you`ll use more product, but foam paint sticks (brushes)

The Guz
10-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Or fold a suede applicator into a small piece to use without the applicator block.

BudgetPlan1
10-06-2016, 11:43 AM
you`ll use more product, but foam paint sticks (brushes)

Or fold a suede applicator into a small piece to use without the applicator block.

Yeah, think I`ll try with foam paint stick w/ suede applicator wrapped around the end. Not gonna be efficient by any means but guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Accumulator
10-06-2016, 11:48 AM
I`ve never used the Gyeon, but with Ultima T&TG+ I do some intricate bits with a BHB, the bristles get into the tight spots quite well and there was no uneveness (which I had wondered about).

But would that deposit too much product for the Gyeon Trim?

RaskyR1
10-06-2016, 12:05 PM
I don`t follow Gyeon products but it sounds like a coating and I typically air brush those areas with other coatings.

Mike lambert
10-06-2016, 04:33 PM
I would use the cancoat, they don`t look like the need to be restored so can coat sprayed on and wiped off would be easier. An off label use to be sure,but works well.