PDA

View Full Version : Limited Products in your area?

andrewpenny
10-03-2016, 05:58 PM
I have recently opened a shop in Eastern Canada. I know theres not a lot of you guys on here that are to familiar with the area but we are not very big, which makes product selection pretty slim. There are only two ( or a third eastern Canadian auto product company) major product companies I have found out here, and that`s Auto Magic, and CarBrite. I don`t mind these products as they are reasonably priced and good for most of the selection of vehicles I do, John Deere, transport trucks, fleet vehicles, and most company vehicles ( I work in an industrial park).

Recently I`ve started gaining attention of the "suits" (higher ups lol) who want their more expensive personal vehicles done, bmw, corvettes, chargers, mustangs, stuff like that. I`ve had pretty good success so far with Auto Magic and Carbrite, but every one on here seems to talk about stuff like Poor Boys or Meguires, Chemical Guys, Rupes ect.. Is all that ordered online or is there somewhere you can get wholesale pricing or vendor prices? or is everything pretty much what you can get online? Im not even really sure how other products really compare because I only get the other two around here. What do you guys use for your shops? Right now I buy in 5 gallon quantities to save on price, but if I were to buy higher end products for nicer cars that only come in once or twice a month I would only want to buy in gallons.

rlmccarty2000
10-03-2016, 07:58 PM
What is up with Canada? Sounds like a great place for PBMG to open another shop. Maybe I should start smuggling detailing products across the border.

Striker
10-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Canada is like a third world country when it comes to most automotive things, let alone detailing supplies that aren`t sold at Canadian tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stokdgs
10-04-2016, 10:39 PM
I have recently opened a shop in Eastern Canada. I know theres not a lot of you guys on here that are to familiar with the area but we are not very big, which makes product selection pretty slim. There are only two ( or a third eastern Canadian auto product company) major product companies I have found out here, and that`s Auto Magic, and CarBrite. I don`t mind these products as they are reasonably priced and good for most of the selection of vehicles I do, John Deere, transport trucks, fleet vehicles, and most company vehicles ( I work in an industrial park).

Recently I`ve started gaining attention of the "suits" (higher ups lol) who want their more expensive personal vehicles done, bmw, corvettes, chargers, mustangs, stuff like that. I`ve had pretty good success so far with Auto Magic and Carbrite, but every one on here seems to talk about stuff like Poor Boys or Meguires, Chemical Guys, Rupes ect.. Is all that ordered online or is there somewhere you can get wholesale pricing or vendor prices? or is everything pretty much what you can get online? Im not even really sure how other products really compare because I only get the other two around here. What do you guys use for your shops? Right now I buy in 5 gallon quantities to save on price, but if I were to buy higher end products for nicer cars that only come in once or twice a month I would only want to buy in gallons.

A really good place that is closer to Canada is DetailedImagedotcom...
They are out of New York, carry larger sizes, stock some really great products for higher end vehicles, and if you buy a lot from them you can qualify for a discount..

The people there are really nice; the owners are Detailers and know what they are talking about..
I mention this place to you because it is closer to your borders and hopefully the shipping will be less, and certainly, the time to get products will be faster..

Every now and then I hear about places in I believe Minnesota, North Dakota, etc., where Canadians have a PO Box or something and get products sent there and then somehow, they get over the border...
Not sure how that works, but Im pretty sure its something like that...
You would have to have an arrangement like that in Maine ??

I would not waste my time and money with most Chemical/Guys products...

In my experiences the best products are still from Europe - mostly Germany...
Good Luck !
Dan F

andrewpenny
10-05-2016, 05:05 AM
You would have to have an arrangement like that in Maine ??

I would not waste my time and money with most Chemical/Guys products...

In my experiences the best products are still from Europe - mostly Germany...
Good Luck !
Dan F

Main is still 3 hours away.. so six hours driving.. id take a whole day to get there and back. Id rather pay the shipping lol, but thanks for the advice, if the suits come more and more oftwen i might have to do that.

As for products ive been looking at poor boys and wolfgang or pinnacle. They are the only two in here that arent abreviated and i can tell what they are lol ( still relatively new and limited products remember). Im not so concerned about the soap, degresers, wheel cleaners, i have decent products in 5 gallon and 55 gallon quantities and dont want to buy special soaps or anything (maybe for my car once im successfull enough [emoji12] [emoji23] ) but more finishing products like wax, compounds and polishes, nice tire dressing and plastic revival. Im not a fan of megs stuff, any suggestions on good quality products? Maybe even the "cheaper"(while still maintaining quality) products?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Civicclutch
10-05-2016, 07:21 AM
soap wise megs hyper wash is really good even tho i myself not a huge fan of megs but it is from their detailing line. it uses an oz of soap for every 5 gal and its really sudsy

menzerna is another good company for highend cars as well as mid level and might be able to be ordered on line in canada. its a bit cheaper than wolfgang would be

xspwrstang
10-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Poorboy`s has always given me great results with the exception of their SSRs, didn`t like them much I went with 3M, Menzerna, Optimum for compound/polish instead.

Stokdgs
10-05-2016, 12:17 PM
AndrewPenny-

I have just looked at Menzerna`s webpage - https://www.menzerna.com/home/
They have a few really nice new products there like this one - https://www.menzerna.com/products/polishes/car-polishes/protection/power-protect-ultra/

And many, very great others... These people in Germany have been making their products for 128 years... They really know what they are doing..

I have always had great results from all of their products , and now it looks like they have new ones that address a lot of Detailer`s current needs available..

Just have to get our Suppliers now to bring them onto their shelves...

I also vote for Optimum products.. Another company that has been around for about 10 years or more..
Great history, never any crazy - ""oh, sorry that product makes everyone nutty - here is a newer formula you have to buy now"" - moments...

Sonax - another supplier out of Germany has had a few really nice products that have been very reliable, in the compound/polish area...

I have personally used A LOT of all the above and never had anything but great results..

Since you appear to be the Man behind the company/s there, here are 3 to study out and get more info...
It will not be in my humble opinion, time wasted but instead it will be a great learning experience for your company/s current and future success..

Good Luck !
Dan F

Poorboy
10-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Good luck with your new venture .... our products are available through a couple Canadian Distributors and are available in gallon and 5 gallon sizes ... you would probably need to ask them to special order and keep what you need in stock, not a big deal, and work out the pricing including shipping through them .. let us know if you have any other questions