PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Coatings

2005Accord
06-08-2006, 11:09 PM
It`s been a few weeks ;)

I just ran across this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Detailing-Detailing-Supplies_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50450QQitemZ80 68973736QQrdZ1

Has anyone else seen this or a similar item? Is it worth the time?

CalgaryDetail
06-08-2006, 11:12 PM
i have heard of the stuff,never used itmyself. I think its worth a shot. If my credit card wasnt already maxed from my last purhcases i thihk i would give it a shot. ill have to check it out again on pay day

JaredPointer
06-09-2006, 07:21 AM
From the ad....

"Never wax your car again with this permanent wax replacement. Matrix Micro-CoatingsTM use nano-technology to permanently impart onto car`s paint finish the highest gloss possible with the most noticeable "points of light".:rolleyes:

2005Accord
06-09-2006, 10:24 AM
From the ad....

"Never wax your car again with this permanent wax replacement. Matrix Micro-CoatingsTM use nano-technology to permanently impart onto car`s paint finish the highest gloss possible with the most noticeable "points of light".:rolleyes:
That`s exactly what I felt! LOL I don`t really think i want a permanant coat of ANYTHING over my paint!

kaos
06-09-2006, 10:30 AM
I would think that any kind of "coating" you put on your paint would come right back off with the first pass of an SSR... *shrug* :)

JaredPointer
06-09-2006, 10:46 AM
That`s exactly what I felt! LOL I don`t really think i want a permanant coat of ANYTHING over my paint!
Yeah, I always kinda "roll the eyes" when I see a product tout that kind of longevity. I mean, not even the paint itself is permanent, let alone a "sacrificial protective barrier" such as a wax or sealant.

jlift
06-09-2006, 11:33 AM
About six months ago I probably would have bought that product. BUT, since I started reading this website, I think I have been educated enough to know that this is just good for a laugh. A little education is a good thing.

uflraptor
06-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Just incase you had too much to drink and even thought about giving this stuff an ounce of credibility read the testimonial below. We all know that product like this are a scam but this company really pushes the boundaries by putting this kind of nonsense in print. I found this in their “customer testimonials and reviews” section. Hope you’re sitting down for this one. :lol:

"About a year and a half ago, my car was side-swiped by a truck on the express way. We were both going around 65 mph at the time. From the sound of the crash I had expected to find the whole left side of my car caved in. But to my amazement, the damage was extremely minor and in no way obvious, as this photo shows. No repair was necessary except for the electrical tape used to keep the side-view mirror from shifting. I attribute this unanticipated benefit to the friction reducing quality that the coating gives to the car`s finish, which remained in place even after two years from when it was applied. In fact, the coatings continue to easily release dirt extremely. Nothing seems to stick. It`s as if the coatings are like a shinny, slippery skin that protects not only the paint but my entire car".

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Best-Car-Wax-Aint-Car-Wax/Customer-Testimonials-and-Reviews.html

Shawn

sade04
06-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Just incase you had too much to drink and even thought about giving this stuff an ounce of credibility read the testimonial below. We all know that product like this are a scam but this company really pushes the boundaries by putting this kind of nonsense in print. I found this in their “customer testimonials and reviews” section. Hope you’re sitting down for this one. :lol:

"About a year and a half ago, my car was side-swiped by a truck on the express way. We were both going around 65 mph at the time. From the sound of the crash I had expected to find the whole left side of my car caved in. But to my amazement, the damage was extremely minor and in no way obvious, as this photo shows. No repair was necessary except for the electrical tape used to keep the side-view mirror from shifting. I attribute this unanticipated benefit to the friction reducing quality that the coating gives to the car`s finish, which remained in place even after two years from when it was applied. In fact, the coatings continue to easily release dirt extremely. Nothing seems to stick. It`s as if the coatings are like a shinny, slippery skin that protects not only the paint but my entire car".

Shawn

HAHAHA OMG i think i almost fell off my chair...so if i use this on my car, i can get hit by a truck going 65mph and have no damage?? not even a swirl?? awesome!!!1!!!

dr_detail
06-10-2006, 01:43 AM
but will it "...increase drag coienfiency by at least .03%?"