PDA

View Full Version : Learning Window Tinting

RaysWay
09-29-2016, 07:32 AM
I want to start mastering window tinting to eventual offer it with mobile detailing. Any advice on where to learn or buy material from? I`ve tinted the glass on my old Nissan Maxima before and it came out alright, but I would love to learn more. Especially on the latest and greatest products and techniques.

I`m ready to buy a roll to tint the glass on my Pathfinder myself.

Thanks!

ShakingHorizons
09-29-2016, 08:12 AM
We had a representative from 3M come teach us over I believe 3 days. It was great and well worth the cost.

This was back in 2000, so unfortunately the cost and duration are no longer in my brain.

rlmccarty2000
09-29-2016, 09:02 AM
I would love to learn. I`m trying to find someone in my area that does decent work for my car. I did the windows in my house and managed to remove the bubbles.

Mr. Slick
09-29-2016, 02:38 PM
But first...... Can you install a screen protector on an iPad with no lint or bubbles? [emoji38] just kidding. I never messed with tint but I can put a screen protector made of glass or plastic on anything. Maybe I`d be good at tinting.

Sent from my iPotato using Tapatalk

512detail
09-29-2016, 02:50 PM
But first...... Can you install a screen protector on an iPad with no lint or bubbles? [emoji38] just kidding. I never messed with tint but I can put a screen protector made of glass or plastic on anything. Maybe I`d be good at tinting.

stop buying so many micros and you can afford to start up a tint business soon! haha

512detail
09-29-2016, 02:51 PM
Ray- take a roll of tint, a 12 pack of cold ones and hit up your local salvage yard or pick a part-

lots of vehicles to practice on.. and if you do a good job, just pull the door and you got yourself an advertisement door right there

B)

Mr. Slick
09-29-2016, 04:33 PM
stop buying so many micros and you can afford to start up a tint business soon! haha

hahaha you talkin bout that pic I posted with the whole case of MF towels? that would be funny if I actually bought that.

512detail
09-29-2016, 05:21 PM
hahaha you talkin bout that pic I posted with the whole case of MF towels? that would be funny if I actually bought that.

samsclub? I like them for wells and dashes etc

I usually buy one of the 33 or 36 packs every few months.. I just Ron them after use

Ronkh
09-29-2016, 05:42 PM

I usually buy one of the 33 or 36 packs every few months.. I just Ron them after use

The "Ron method"

Mr. Slick
09-29-2016, 05:43 PM

I have two packs of those. Beaters for engine, interior, wheel wells ect