09-25-2016, 02:23 PM
I want to choose a wheel sealant, but there are too many, here are some :

PB`s wheel sealant
Mc37 wheel Glaze
Bouncer`s Looking sweet wheel wax
CG`s wheel Guard
Prima wheel Armour
Wheel Wax

Been reading reviews, which helps, price helps some.
Mc37 has a kit

I`d like to apply this and not spray it, don`t trust my aim. :dunno:

Thanks for any suggestions

Old Pirate
09-25-2016, 02:32 PM
I want to choose a wheel sealant, but there are too many, here are some :

PB`s wheel sealant
Mc37 wheel Glaze
Bouncer`s Looking sweet wheel wax
CG`s wheel Guard
Prima wheel Armour
Wheel Wax

Been reading reviews, which helps, price helps some.
Mc37 has a kit

I`d like to apply this and not spray it, don`t trust my aim. :dunno:

Thanks for any suggestions

Hello there Mary B, any of these products will work for you, but ( there`s always a but ) I recommend going with GTechniq C5 Wheel Armor, Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating or to save you dinero you can try any sealant you might have handy in your detailing supplies.

The Guz
09-25-2016, 02:53 PM
For personal use or for customers?

WaxAddict
09-25-2016, 02:54 PM
If you happen to have Collinite 845, it works well too.

SGM2008
09-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Hello there Mary B, any of these products will work for you, but ( there`s always a but ) I recommend going with GTechniq C5 Wheel Armor, Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating or to save you dinero you can try any sealant you might have handy in your detailing supplies.

+1

Mary ... I switched over to the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating this year and it works GREAT!

Prior to that, I was using Sonax Polymer Net Shield which did a very good job for a conventional paint sealant. The PNS replaced (and offered much better protection) Rejex and the PB Wheel Sealant.

PA DETAILER
09-25-2016, 05:54 PM
I would also coat them. McKess 37 wheel coat is proven. I get close to a year of protection. If you want to seal, I have used WHEEL WAX. Not a bad product. If you want something in between, BF Crystal seal would be easy protection.

JSFM35X
09-25-2016, 06:36 PM
I have used opticoat, gyeon rim, c4 all very acceptyabler the gyeon is only a few months old so my durability review will be coming

Migue
09-25-2016, 07:09 PM
I`ve used the same LSP as paint with good results.

LEDetailng
09-25-2016, 07:24 PM
FK1000p. Inexpensive and a ton of sealant for the money. Great self-cleaning properties. Higher temperature rating than most sealants 250F I believe.

I`ll also recommend a new discovery for me. Wolfgang Uber (detail spray dilution)as a wheel drying aid on wheels. Leaves a little behind and I just sprayed it on my MF and is slicks up the face of my wheels. I`ll never need wheel cleaner again, if washed once a week:)

I think it is so much more effective to clean wheels with a dedicated mitt and bucket. As long as they are not caked with brake dust or other debris. I`m using a cheapo synthetic mitt, I should use one of my Meguiar`s MF mitts but can`t unwrap it.

rlmccarty2000
09-25-2016, 08:14 PM
I tried PB wheel sealant and let it dry too long on my rims and it was super hard to remove. I would not recommend it. I now use either PBL wheel coating or CarPro Hydro2. The PBL will give you 6 plus months of protection and the Hydro2 about 3 months. The Hydro2 is just so easy to apply it is ridiculous.

JohnZ3MC
09-25-2016, 11:36 PM
Rejex is still a popular option for wheels. Long lasting, reasonably priced, looks good and not much sticks to it has kept it popular for wheels.

Good luck with your million choices though,

dschribs
09-26-2016, 07:09 AM
If you happen to have Collinite 845, it works well too.

What he said...

mikejames
09-26-2016, 10:48 AM
I like to keep it simple and use the same product that`s used on the car for wheels. Then use a product like Wetcoat to maintain.

jrock645
09-26-2016, 10:58 AM
I usually use 476, works well

Accumulator
09-26-2016, 01:04 PM
FK1000p. Inexpensive and a ton of sealant for the money. Great self-cleaning properties. Higher temperature rating than most sealants 250F I believe..

That. The first thing I used it for was wheels, and it immediately replaced heavily layered KSG (which had previously replaced Collinite`s waxes) due to the greatly increased durability. Cleans up just as well as the coating I use on some wheels (Opticoat 2.0), just needs redone more often. Sure doesn`t need redone as frequently as any other non-coating approach I`ve tried though.

I`m all about durability when it comes to what I use on wheels, with little consideration given to the subtle diffs in appearance. FK1000P lasts for ages if cleaned with shampoo mix, even on "German cars with awful brake dust issues" (scare-quotes intentional as that`s just not a problem any more) on which the wheels get *BLACK* between washes.

If my coated wheels worked out all that much better than FK1000P I`d coat `em all, have plenty of OptiCoat sitting on the shelf.