PDA

View Full Version : Which quick detailer

Pages : [1] 2

blucpe
09-21-2016, 10:45 AM
I just coated my car with Myabi glass coating, it came out very nice. I was wondering what some on here would recommend when it`s time to do a quick detail. I`ve already used the overcoat over the glass coating, which they recommend, Is there anything i should`nt use on it? Just wanted to get some recommendations from you guys.

dcjredline
09-21-2016, 11:22 AM
Havent heard of that coating, not sure if others have. But I dont see why any quality QD wouldnt work fine. Ultimate, Optimum, WG, Pinnacle. Take your pick.

Accumulator
09-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Rather than thinking in terms of QD, I`d use a Rinseless (at QD strength) to better guard against marring (yeah, even with a coating). And I find that IUDJ provides basically (or even "at least") the same benefits as my various QDs.

blucpe
09-21-2016, 01:58 PM
Rather than thinking in terms of QD, I`d use a Rinseless (at QD strength) to better guard against marring (yeah, even with a coating). And I find that IUDJ provides basically (or even "at least") the same benefits as my various QDs.

I have IUDJ so i`ll try it when the time arises. To be honest i`m afraid to touch it it looks so good.

Ronkh
09-21-2016, 02:32 PM
Kenotek Show Room Shine
Sonax BSD

Both compliment coatings very well.

If you want, swing on by and I can give you some to try.

Accumulator
09-21-2016, 02:50 PM
I have IUDJ so i`ll try it when the time arises. To be honest i`m afraid to touch it it looks so good.

Well, the touching oughta be less risky with the IUDJ, but I know exactly what you mean!

I was all about FK425/FK146 (sealants) and GG SpeedShine (waxes) for years...then much to my surprise I found that *everything* about the IUDJ was better! Never woulda thunk it. Works great on the wheels that I coated too.

RaysWay
09-21-2016, 03:19 PM

Do you have a blower to air dry your car? I`d highly recommend one.

Accumulator
09-21-2016, 04:13 PM

Noting that I`m still all about my AirWand and compressor for drying, I still have to do some degree of touching no matter what. But it`s sure a great way to get most of the water off and dry the nooks and crannies.

blucpe
09-22-2016, 11:57 AM

Thats the only way i dry it.

kestrel452
09-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Not to hijack the thread...but to anyone who has used Chemical Guys Speed Wipe, how nice of a QD is it? Does it clean and gloss reasonably well?

Pats300zx
09-23-2016, 02:16 PM
Not to hijack the thread...but to anyone who has used Chemical Guys Speed Wipe, how nice of a QD is it? Does it clean and gloss reasonably well?

It`s a decent QD. Nice scent and good gloss. It`s very similar to Adams Detail Spray.

GearHead_1
09-23-2016, 04:17 PM
Lots of good suggestions in this thread. I too usually grab something that is more than just an advertised quick detailer. Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe will do anything a quick detailer will do and then some. It`s priced right and easy to use out in the sun. I`ve recently picked up Polish Angel`s Spray Duster and found it to work quite well also.

512detail
09-23-2016, 04:36 PM
spray and wipe is good for coatings

that`s what I give all my clients to use

or a RW would be a good option too

Wolfs Mean green is formulated for rw on coated vehicles

kestrel452
09-26-2016, 10:36 AM
It`s a decent QD. Nice scent and good gloss. It`s very similar to Adams Detail Spray.

Do you have any suggestions for what I should pick up after I exhaust my bottle of Speed Wipe? Just really looking for something to put down while drying, and dust/fingerprint cleanups on-the-go. Not sure if there`s something much better out there that isn`t really more expensive.

Thanks man :)

XxBoostinxX
09-26-2016, 11:13 AM
Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe. It doesn`t leave anything behind to "mask" the coating.