PDA

View Full Version : Old DP Road Kill bug remover.

PA DETAILER
09-20-2016, 12:04 PM
Can I add this to winter washer fluid? And how many once(s) to 1 gallon of fluid?

rlmccarty2000
09-20-2016, 06:31 PM
I`ve never put anything into my washer reservoir other than some booster washer specific products, but I would not want any bug remover on my paint for any length of time or in the plastic/metal pieces that make up the washer system. What are you trying to do? Create a more aggressive bug wash for your windshield? I use the 1einzeitt booster product in my system. Use a glass coating and the bugs won`t stick as well.

JaredPointer
09-20-2016, 08:20 PM
While I don`t know the answer to the original question, I think I remember Poorboy saying that you could do this exact thing with Bug Squash (add it to the washer reservoir).

PA DETAILER
09-21-2016, 07:40 AM
I`ve never put anything into my washer reservoir other than some booster washer specific products, but I would not want any bug remover on my paint for any length of time or in the plastic/metal pieces that make up the washer system. What are you trying to do? Create a more aggressive bug wash for your windshield? I use the 1einzeitt booster product in my system. Use a glass coating and the bugs won`t stick as well.

Already have DP glass coat on and I use 1einzeitt SUMMER mix in the warm months. I was just curious about amping up the standard blue winter fluid. But I usually step up to a better fluid in the winter anyway. I will stick to that. And will pass on adding anything.

I used the CAMCO last winter and it was fantastic!
http://www.autopia.org/forums/everything-else/183494-camco-rain-cutter-winter-washer-fluid.html?highlight=camco

rlmccarty2000
09-21-2016, 11:49 AM
It`s a good question to ask. I didn`t know that Poorboys Bug Squash could be added to the reservoir. I just would be afraid of paint staining. Hopefully the PB guys will chime in.

Wing Commander
09-22-2016, 12:21 AM
On a off topic use this bug remover kills live wasps instantly or any other insect outdoors.My first victim was a South Florida cockroach.

Bunky
09-22-2016, 06:18 AM
I think the real question is will the solution (with the DP product in it) harm the paint if it is left to dry. There is almost always over spray on the paint.

I have also used Bug Squash in windshield solution but I have been using 1z product but not especially thrilled about the performance - foams and gets on paint more.