PDA

View Full Version : Fresh paint safe ???

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ronkh
09-20-2016, 09:22 AM
So the paint guy said 30 before I could wax, seal, coat etc..... :(

On the way home from the Autopian gtg luncheon, it rained and rained. So now car is dirty.

What can I use as a rinseless (all I have is uber). I can also do a full wash, but I like to use drying aids.

Is Spray and Gloss fresh paint safe? Anyone know one that is? Also have Kenotek Show Room shine and Sonax BSD.

Bunky
09-20-2016, 10:15 AM
Spray and Wipe should be very safe as a drying aid. Fresh paint can water spot permanently if hard is left on paint.

Poorboy
09-20-2016, 10:17 AM
only thing I would touch your car with is Spray and Wipe and a bunch of new DMT`s

Accumulator
09-20-2016, 10:21 AM
I`d use OCW (tested/approved by Ford for this, OK IME) or else just a glaze. Unless you don`t mind the repaint staying as soft/hard as it is now. That`s the real "danger" of using stuff on a fresh repaint, that interfering with the curing will prevent it from reaching it`s max potential hardness. I would *NOT* be concerned about "clouding of the clear" or otherwise precipitating somesuch other major Paint Failure.

Sorry, not much help if you don`t have OCW on the shelf (I bought it, in advance, specifically for this and ended up liking it so much that I now keep it on-hand). Meguiar`s has a newfangled glaze (M305? Sorry, I forget..) that`s also OK, might be available OTC at autobody/paint supply places.

Ronkh
09-20-2016, 10:57 AM
only thing I would touch your car with is Spray and Wipe and a bunch of new DMT`s

Think you need to come here and show me how it`s done....... :D

My memory isn`t as good as it used to be.

Poorboy
09-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Think you need to come here and show me how it`s done....... :D

My memory isn`t as good as it used to be.

neither is my back ... why do you keep buying cars so low to the ground??

Ronkh
09-20-2016, 11:09 AM

Is new shop big enough for lift ?

512detail
09-20-2016, 11:17 AM
spray and wipe

for RW - ONR or Wolfs Mean Green (best choice)

Do you want me to mail you some? (mean green)

Ronkh
09-20-2016, 11:20 AM
"Mean Green" Wash & Wipe is designed with specifically formulated nano particles and gloss enhancers

Poorboy
09-20-2016, 11:37 AM
Is new shop big enough for lift ?

yeah , but it`s filling up quickly with new products :)

JustJesus
09-20-2016, 11:55 AM

Try getting in/out of a lowered `91 CRX (or civic) with a fixed back racing seat! And it`s so low, I open the door and pick up loose change from the ground without leaning!

512detail
09-20-2016, 12:00 PM
"Mean Green" Wash & Wipe is designed with specifically formulated nano particles and gloss enhancers

what? oops

well then I can attest that it doesn`t affect anything
coz I used it on my car when freshly painted

Ronkh
09-20-2016, 01:48 PM
yeah , but it`s filling up quickly with new products :)

Pics or it didn`t happen.

Poorboy
09-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Pics or it didn`t happen.

come take a look for yourself ... if we took pictures we`d have to :chop:chop:chop:bonk::bonk::chop:chop:horse:

512detail
09-20-2016, 02:01 PM
better still have a place for burnouts in March!