PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s APC bug remover

LEDetailng
09-19-2016, 07:19 PM
Just wanted to get the consensus of what everyone thinks about Meguiars APC 10:1 as a bug pre-soak. I used APC at 10:1 on the bugs of a co-workers Chevy truck prior to polishing and sealing with BFWD. The truck looked as though it hadn`t been washed in months. The APC pre soak worked amazing. Really softened the bugs. I just want to know how does Meguiar`s APC compare to the dedicated bug removers? I only intend to use APC pre-soak when the car is being waxed or sealed.

rlmccarty2000
09-19-2016, 08:57 PM
I have sprayed Meg`s APC at 10:1 on my car to remove bugs before and it works fine. Everyone already has discussed to death what it takes to remove wax or a sealant so you can safely say it won`t even remove your wax. I would follow the same directions that are on every bottle of bug remover and not leave in on longer than 3 minutes, then rinse well. Go over the remainder with a bug sponge and wash normally. Some bug removers tout a special enzyme that dissolves bug guts, could be, don`t know. Before all these bug removers were introduced I just used soap and water and scrubbed them off. APC is just a type of soap or surfactant. The best defense is to seal, wax, and coat the area that bugs like to hit so they don`t stick as bad.

Stokdgs
09-19-2016, 09:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is what I also do^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks, Rlmccarty2000 !
Dan F

LEDetailng
09-19-2016, 10:49 PM
Thanks guys. I`ll skip the bug removers and stick with APC. I need to get a pressure washer too, but feel it will be a PITA to haul out once a week. Won`t have to worry in two months:) (WI winter)

rlmccarty2000
09-20-2016, 02:36 PM
Ouch Shaking Horizons! A thumbs down? I think you just hit the wrong button. Unless there is something wrong with APC? Lol

Mr. Slick
09-20-2016, 03:14 PM
There are so many redundant products. I`ve seen bug removers at the store. also stuff like plast x, clear plastic and polish..... I used them on headlights and the one that works best is.... M105 and 205. lol. What a waste of money.

LEDetailng
09-20-2016, 08:42 PM
There are so many redundant products. I`ve seen bug removers at the store. also stuff like plast x, clear plastic and polish..... I used them on headlights and the one that works best is.... M105 and 205. lol. What a waste of money.

Agree on the redundant products. I too just wetsanded and polished my headlamps. I reached right for the Menzerna and HD polishes. I skipped plastix, knowing that those polishes would most likely work more effectively.

Makes you wonder how many products in our cabinets could be eliminated due to redundancy. But that is half the fun, who doesn`t like to bring out 10 spray bottles for a maintenance wash. Makes us feel like we know what we are doing:)

dschribs
09-21-2016, 09:09 AM
"Makes you wonder how many products in our cabinets could be eliminated due to redundancy"

I`ve said that for years...and not just about bug remover.

rlmccarty2000
09-21-2016, 02:38 PM
The detailing market is over saturated with products. The fight for market share must be a bloody one. I`m still a little bummed about Meg`s 114 being discontinued before I could stock up.