PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable shop vac or Ridgid auto detailing vacuum?

Mr. Slick
09-17-2016, 06:46 PM
Hey guys I am going to buy a vacuum for the customers cars. I was planning to get Home Depots 4 gallon one, its $80. I saw a Porter cable vac at Costco and they are only $30 and comes with what looks to me like a better hose and tips.... both are 4 gallon but I think the ridgid is lighter and better for cars (I live upstairs in a complex so I have to carry the stuff to the lot)

What do you guys think?

ShawnF350
09-18-2016, 12:21 AM
I love the Ridgid 4 gallon.
The hose it comes with is cheap.
Be sure to buy the bags for it. It helps to keep the filter & insides super clean.
I bought the auto detailing kit to go with it. (SEE LINK)
I also bought the 1 7/8 pro hose for bigger jobs.

RIDGID 7-Piece Premium Car Cleaning Accessory Kit for RIDGID Wet Dry Vacs-VT2534 - The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-7-Piece-Premium-Car-Cleaning-Accessory-Kit-for-RIDGID-Wet-Dry-Vacs-VT2534/100638355?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-VF-PLA-D25T-Ridgid%7c&gclid=Cj0KEQjw0_O-BRCfjsCw25CYzYoBEiQAqO9BDDiLN1JEGke3o0_s8--W_59rsYnyN2XTf2R9AZ8O0DoaAuch8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds)

edit: I also added the optional muffler to quiet it down
You don`t have to buy everything at once

gordster1122
09-18-2016, 07:00 AM
I also have the Ridgid 4 Gallon love it

Loach
09-18-2016, 08:57 AM
The 4 gallon Ridgid WD4081 is great, comes with the $40 detailing kit in the box, the removable blower top is incredibly useful as well. Price is $100 for everything.

Mr. Slick
09-18-2016, 12:04 PM
I love the Ridgid 4 gallon.
The hose it comes with is cheap.
Be sure to buy the bags for it. It helps to keep the filter & insides super clean.
I bought the auto detailing kit to go with it. (SEE LINK)
I also bought the 1 7/8 pro hose for bigger jobs.

RIDGID 7-Piece Premium Car Cleaning Accessory Kit for RIDGID Wet Dry Vacs-VT2534 - The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-7-Piece-Premium-Car-Cleaning-Accessory-Kit-for-RIDGID-Wet-Dry-Vacs-VT2534/100638355?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-VF-PLA-D25T-Ridgid%7c&gclid=Cj0KEQjw0_O-BRCfjsCw25CYzYoBEiQAqO9BDDiLN1JEGke3o0_s8--W_59rsYnyN2XTf2R9AZ8O0DoaAuch8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds)

edit: I also added the optional muffler to quiet it down
You don`t have to buy everything at once

Hey I did see that kit. I watched an over half hour video review (I`m very picky and excessively look into everything before I buy something) of some gear and the guy said the hose that comes with it is cheap so you have to get the kit. Also because you need that little piece to get between the seats and cracks. So that`s about $100 in a vacuum. Probably a good buy though but I only average one or two washes a week right now, rarely people go for a wax or polishing. A few go for an interior. I charge $20 for wash and wheels, $30 for that and interior vacuum and interior wipe down. Right now since it`s rare that anyone wants to do interior and most do a wash once a month or a few months.... Right now I mainly do ones in our complex and others if someone has a friend somewhere else. I`m slowly picking up clientelle but still very happy because each one is fully satisfied with the work and I actually get to know a few of my neighbors. Anyway that means it will be a while before I`m willing to drop a hundred bucks. I use our house vac with the brush piece and it kinda goofy but it gets the job done. Still more thorough than if they bring it elsewhere. A muffler sounds like a great idea because most of my work is near a building. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk oooooooohoohooooo I have an iPhone everybody!! An IPHONE.