PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax Review

Pages : [1] 2

Pats300zx
09-10-2016, 06:09 AM
This past weekend I was able to get my hands on a bottle of the new Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax and was really looking forward to giving it a try. I am a big fan of spray waxes and find that they are an excellent and simple way to boost your LSP. Ever since I heard the rumors that a Fuzion Spray Wax was potentially in development, I was pretty excited to see the product come together and get released. I have been an avid Fuzion wax user since its release many years ago.

I find that Fuzion is an awesome carnuaba/polymer blend wax that is simple to use, looks fantastic on all colors, and has great durability.

Product Description:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h48/Pats300zx/tn_Photo%20Sep%2005%204%2048%2041%20PM.jpg

Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is as unique as they come. At the heart of Fuzion Spray Wax is the second generation of German Super Polymers. The mile-deep reflections and shimmering liquid gloss wouldn’t be possible without Brazilian Carnauba Wax, which is a prime ingredient as well. The proprietary blending process for this formula calls for such stringent tolerances that it had to be manufactured in the heart of Germany.

Cost: $39.99
16 ounce bottle

Scent: The scent reminds me of a mild tropical scent. Not overpowering with no chemical smell.

Application: After seeing Mike Phillip’s write up on the application of Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax I grabbed a micro fiber towel and used the short nap side of the micro fiber towel to apply to the paint finish. One of the first things that I noticed is the consistency of Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is nothing like any other spray wax that I have used. It is probably the thickest spray wax I have used and after spraying onto the finish I noticed that there was very little running down the sides of the car and the product clinged to the finish. I prepped my micro fiber towel with one spray of Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax and used about two small sprays per panel. I then worked the product into the finish panel by panel. Less with this product is more. No need to oversaturate the panel as the product spreads very easily.
I found the easiest application method was to do one panel at a time. I would apply to one panel and move to the second. By the time I was done my second panel the first had already hazed and was ready for removal. I removed with a plush micro fiber towel with next to no effort. One thing I noticed was that as I worked around the car, the short nap micro fiber towel was becoming more saturated with product and was actually allowing me to use less product.

Results: Very impressive. The gloss and slickness was outstanding with a bright and crisp look and great reflections. To do a short test, I actually grabbed my jar of Fuzion and did a side by side panel test. The gloss and reflections were identical and it was as I had applied a layer of Fuzion wax to the spray wax panel.

Final Thoughts:

Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is somewhat of a pricey spray wax at $39.99 per bottle. I don’t think this would be the most cost efficient spray wax for the professional detailer who needs an economical spray wax for daily use. However, for the weekend enthusiast or connoisseur this product is perfect for someone looking to break into the Wolfgang line. In the end, this product has the same looks and performance of Fuzion Spray Wax at a much cheaper price.

Marc08EX
09-10-2016, 06:50 AM
Great review Pat!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Ronkh
09-10-2016, 07:00 AM
Cool review. Thanks for posting it.

512detail
09-10-2016, 07:35 AM
I completely agree. less is more

have you tried it as a drying aid yet? it`s even easier to use that way

thanks for the review

how about some pics? did this really happen? haha

check out the beads, they`re pretty cool too

Civicclutch
09-10-2016, 07:49 AM
I`m doing a wash spray wax today on a silver buick regal that i did a few weeks ago and am thinking bout using this

WaxAddict
09-10-2016, 08:11 AM
Every review mentions the steep price. If we keep it up, maybe they`ll lower it. B)

512detail
09-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Every review mentions the steep price. If we keep it up, maybe they`ll lower it. B)

I don`t consider it "steep" .. its only a few dollars more than Souveran Spray wax - which is also phenomenal

I`d have no issue buying either at the current price with a little 15% coupon love or something similar

KBsToy
09-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Lets see, auto-connect---fall sale...reward points......time to buy maybe more than 1 :)

briarpatch
09-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the review...one question though.....in your post, you mention it has `great durability`....how did you arrive at that conclusion when you just applied it this past weekend?

rlmccarty2000
09-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Cost is probably the only downside to this product. I got mine when it was bundled with a bag and other products for $50 (minus discounts). I will use this as a topper on my waxes, but with all the WOWA products on the market that work great it may not see much use. Maybe as I get older and can no longer use a paste wax, then a spray wax may be my go to product.

PA DETAILER
09-10-2016, 04:37 PM
I completely agree. less is more

have you tried it as a drying aid yet? it`s even easier to use that way

thanks for the review

how about some pics? did this really happen? haha

check out the beads, they`re pretty cool too

Read it`s a insane drying aid!! God, I really have to order a bottle! Along with the Griots PFM drying towel...

Pats300zx
09-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the review...one question though.....in your post, you mention it has `great durability`....how did you arrive at that conclusion when you just applied it this past weekend?

I never mentioned that Fuzion spray wax had great durability. They is yet to be determined. If you re-read my review you will see I was referring to Fuzion paste wax.

briarpatch
09-11-2016, 11:28 AM
I never mentioned that Fuzion spray wax had great durability. They is yet to be determined. If you re-read my review you will see I was referring to Fuzion paste wax.

my mistake.....It read to me like your were referring to the spray wax

RobD
09-11-2016, 02:45 PM
When used as a drying aid, will WFSW affect the MF towel`s absorbency? TIA

512detail
09-15-2016, 07:40 PM
When used as a drying aid, will WFSW affect the MF towel`s absorbency? TIA
Yes
So will the water you are drying up
I recommend flooding first

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk