PDA

View Full Version : A laughing stock

Ronkh
09-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Obama at G20: President suffers slings and arrows of restive world - CNNPolitics.com (http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/05/politics/obama-putin-duterte-xi-erdogan-g20-reception/index.html)

jrock645
09-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Imagine that.

JBM
09-06-2016, 08:03 PM
The other countries like him as much as we do.

rlmccarty2000
09-06-2016, 08:59 PM
The Donald wouldn`t take that kind of treatment, he would fire the Chinese and move all manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. Of A. Darn right he would! Oh yeah, and nuke the Philippines. Build a wall around America and we won`t have to deal with these bad mannered countries and their leaders.

Fast Eddie
09-06-2016, 09:18 PM
The Donald wouldn`t take that kind of treatment, he would fire the Chinese and move all manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. Of A. Darn right he would! Oh yeah, and nuke the Philippines. Build a wall around America and we won`t have to deal with these bad mannered countries and their leaders.

I could have sworn I heard Rachael Maddow on MSNBC say the same thing :lmfao

Ronkh
09-07-2016, 07:01 AM
Bad Luck and Worse Manners Tarnish Obama’s Asia Trip (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/bad-luck-and-worse-manners-tarnish-obama%e2%80%99s-asia-trip/ar-AAiA2lR?li=BBnb7Kz)

JaredPointer
09-07-2016, 07:36 AM

I`m curious if this is your real-world take on things, or is it sarcasm?

Accumulator
09-07-2016, 11:29 AM
I`m curious if this is your real-world take on things, or is it sarcasm?

I`m quite certain it`s sarcasm, though [a certain demographic] seems to think that way for real.

Mbkite
09-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Trump the next president on mt Rushmore

rlmccarty2000
09-07-2016, 12:09 PM
Sarcasm. My point is that Obama took the high road and did not stoop to name calling or mud slinging. Now when it comes time for aid to the Philippines there may be some back room talk about what to do with their vulgar leader. About 15 years ago Honduras had the same position on drugs, criminals, and their punishment. The military would round up gang members and take them to the mountains never to be heard from again and Honduras was a nice place to live. Now gangs are rampant and people are afraid for their lives. Gangs run the country. There is something to be said for removing the dregs of society. Human rights activists got things turned around in Honduras, and not for the better. Sometimes military rule works. It`s when weak politicians get elected that things start falling apart.

Accumulator
09-07-2016, 12:46 PM
... Sometimes military rule works..

As in Iraq. Which is really a shame...[Accumulator is a big supporter of Human Rights]..but that *is* the way it seems to go in many parts of the world and saying "it`s awful!" doesn`t make it any less true :(

Ronkh
09-09-2016, 07:16 PM
https://news.grabien.com/story-montage-18-times-obama-trashed-america-asia

rlmccarty2000
09-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Obama didn`t "trash" America, IMHO. He told the truth. All wars are terrible, but some are necessary. We can debate the necessity of the Vietnam War, but I doubt anyone will say it was a victory for any of the sides involved. Which of the above statements rings false?