PDA

View Full Version : Bad batches of Meguiars?

Pages : [1] 2

agtjamesb007
09-04-2016, 06:46 PM
A few months back during discussion, I believe TheMeanGreen said that he thought he received a bad bottle of M205. He said it seemed watered down.

I had bought my father and myself some cleaner wax and just this afternoon he had a fit with it on his car. He would put it on, it would haze, the haze was wiped off but it would feel rough to the touch and you could see many streaks of it remaining which were very difficult to get off. He had so scrub them with a wet towel oddly enough. The car was cool and in the shade. When I picked up the bottle I noticed that it was very liquidy. I will write to Meguiars and see what they say.

This makes me nervous because I purchased some m205. I never used m205 before and not sure how it is supposed to finish and what the consistency should be like.

Has anyone else had this problem with their products. I have been using their cleaner wax for many years, along with other products of theirs with no problems. It just odd someone here had mentioned their polish seemed watered down, and the I bought this the cleaner wax that seemed to have the same problem.

rlmccarty2000
09-04-2016, 07:10 PM
I`ve never had any problems with any Meguires products and the only problem I have read about was an interior QD that smelled bad that Meguires too care of quickly. Go to Meguires on line and post a comment or call their help line.

The Driver
09-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Join an message Michael Stoops! He`s awesome!

Car Care Forums: Meguiar`s Online (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/member.php?2003-Michael-Stoops#HOIcTsEQy0sG6EwJ.97)

Mike lambert
09-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Bad batches happen, the 205 should once shaken be like hand lotion. If it gets sticky or clumpy it`s bad. Take it back to where you bought it, or call Meguiars and give them the batch number.

The Guz
09-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Was the paint clayed prior to applying the cleaner wax? If not when was the last time it was? Perhaps that is why the paint felt rough. Streaks happen when too much product is used.

Contact Meguiar`s. The number is on the back of the bottle or post on their forum. They have great customer service.

Mr. Slick
09-04-2016, 11:00 PM
Hey that reminds me I got a gallon of quick interior detailer and it smells way more putrid than the consumer version. Is that normal? it stings my nose just as bad as the APC.

KBsToy
09-05-2016, 04:21 AM
I just did our car last week with 205 before applying Wet Coat and had no problems the product worked great :)

EXPDetailing
09-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Hey that reminds me I got a gallon of quick interior detailer and it smells way more putrid than the consumer version. Is that normal? it stings my nose just as bad as the APC.

No, it`s not normal. Seek an exchange or a refund.

Accumulator
09-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Yeah, there are occasional bad batches of products, and the stinky QID was apparently one pretty big (bad) batch. AFAIK Meguiar`s is always good about taking care of replacing defective/"bad" products.

I had a bad gallon of M205 and it got replaced easily enough, though I don`t really remember/know whether it was Meguiar`s or AutoGeek that actually handled the replacement.

XxBoostinxX
09-05-2016, 02:10 PM

No, it`s not normal. Seek an exchange or a refund.

The exchanges on the Meg forum say it is only for the OTC products. I have a gallon that smells funny also.

Mr. Slick
09-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Do you guys think it might effect the performance? hope not. I used it on a few cars already.

The Guz
09-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Do you guys think it might effect the performance? hope not. I used it on a few cars already.

It should not. Contact Brian Hann at Meguiar`s and ask him if they will replace it.

TheMeanGreen
09-05-2016, 07:42 PM
If I remember correctly, there may be something on meguiarsonline about the bad batch of m205. When I approached Meg`s about my bad bottle, they said that they weren`t going to replace it because I had waited `some period of time` before actually contacting them (my outreach to Meg`s was low on the priority list), from the time that I opened the bottle. Even when shaken vigorously the M205 did not congeal as one, I remember seeing somewhere, someone with the same issue, in a thread posted around the time I remember purchasing the bottle. I had already gotten another bottle of M205, so it wasn`t like I was in great need for a replacement.

My bottle that I was specifically talking about was purchased in summer 2015 and not used until early early 2016, bad batches are quite rare, and unfortunately, shelf life is directly related to heat. If a product has the correct consistency but is hard to use, no matter the situation, there could be a chance that the bottle has sat in a retailers inventory for a period of time with possible exposure to non-ideal climates.

OP:

There are many factors that are related to cleaner-wax type use. Even atmospheric humidity plays a role, if the product is like a hand lotion in consistency, I`d look at the user to see how it is being used for the first step because this is the easiest way to see if there is an issue. If the use of the product is in a way that is correct, then look to the product. Sometimes it is difficult to examine if we are getting the correct results, especially with a product that we have not used extensively.

04accord
09-05-2016, 08:59 PM
The last quart i picked up of m205 was a lot thinner and runnier than the first one i got. Works the same though.

agtjamesb007
09-06-2016, 01:02 AM
Mr.Slick, I found this, and thought it was interesting. Although a link within the forum says it only effected the consumer line.
Bad smell from quik interior detailer (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?63189-Bad-smell-from-quik-interior-detailer&highlight=bad+batch#jCeqv978kLOcZmGK.97)

Join an message Michael Stoops! He`s awesome!

I thought I head read that Stoops left Meguiars. I sent him a message through you link none the less. Thanks.