PDA

View Full Version : Chatters: Chat still works!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

GregCavi
06-06-2006, 09:31 PM
I pop in the chat all the time, but the usuals are not there anymore!? You know who you are so make your way in.

P.S. Dwayne, make sure to pop in from time to time!

Greg

Tex Star Detail
06-06-2006, 09:50 PM
On my way......only be in there for a few

cwcad
06-06-2006, 10:14 PM
I would like to myself. For some reason I am not able to ge t to the chat room. Has been that way for a week or two. I will be there in spirit.

CARTfan
06-06-2006, 11:04 PM
says I have to become a supporting member. Huhuh, I said member.:lmfao

glen22
06-07-2006, 08:34 AM
nice weather now everybody is detailing something...LOL
Norah our chat room moderator has been very busy with her new grand child.

DARKSTI
06-08-2006, 12:07 AM
yea, chat shouldnt be a paying thing. I can understand ads,sigs,custom avatars, but not chat. Its part of the community...

GregCavi
06-10-2006, 08:47 PM
yea, chat shouldnt be a paying thing. I can understand ads,sigs,custom avatars, but not chat. Its part of the community...

Think of it this way:

Dwayne works really hard, and so do all of his moderators. They dont get any pay for doing this. They do it becuase its a big part of their life and they have the passion to do it. It does take money to operate a site like this though.

The cost is $15 a year for membership which gives you a sig, no ads, chat etc. That $15 a year is $1.25/month or 4 cents a day. Most of the bottles of wax/polish we buy are more than $15 and those only last a couple months. It would be great if everyone would support DC and become a member, I mean come on.. its cheap!

Greg

DARKSTI
06-10-2006, 09:05 PM
I know,I have run forums of my own and others. The ones that did the best chat was free. If you look at most sites that take donations for special features, chat isnt one of them, its like paying for another part of the board. Thats why chat is usually dead. I wouldnt mind paying for a sig/avatar/custom title/etc...but chat should be free if you want a good community.

Think of it this way:

Dwayne works really hard, and so do all of his moderators. They dont get any pay for doing this. They do it becuase its a big part of their life and they have the passion to do it. It does take money to operate a site like this though.

The cost is $15 a year for membership which gives you a sig, no ads, chat etc. That $15 a year is $1.25/month or $0.41 a day. Most of the bottles of wax/polish we buy are more than $15 and those only last a couple months. It would be great if everyone would support DC and become a member, I mean come on.. its cheap!

Greg

MrRogue
06-10-2006, 09:59 PM
The forums are the community, but you get to live chat with the people if you pay. Instant answers for all your questions you might have, and get to talk to someone if your bored, thats worth it for me, just to have instant advice without waiting.

"but chat should be free if you want a good community."

I think this is a good community even though we do pay for some features.

DARKSTI
06-10-2006, 10:52 PM
"but chat should be free if you want a good community."

I think this is a good community even though we do pay for some features.
it USED to be, posting has gone way down. I used to search for new posts each day and usually got 5+ pages of posts. Now its lucky if I get 2.

GregCavi
06-10-2006, 11:01 PM
it USED to be, posting has gone way down. I used to search for new posts each day and usually got 5+ pages of posts. Now its lucky if I get 2.

Dont check so often lol.

Greg

Jngrbrdman
06-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Again, I think the reason for that is that we are all busy. It is summer time and we are on vacation and detailing. Posting will pick up again in the fall when people are back at their computers.

DARKSTI
06-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Dont check so often lol.

Greg
Crap, I forgot to post that lol. I meant to say I used to check once a day or 2 days.:lmfao

DARKSTI
06-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Again, I think the reason for that is that we are all busy. It is summer time and we are on vacation and detailing. Posting will pick up again in the fall when people are back at their computers.
Then why is Autopia so busy? The smiles arent fixed either:(

GregCavi
06-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Well if your not happy here then why do you stay?

Greg