PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about AIO`s

Pages : [1] 2

TheMeanGreen
08-28-2016, 03:33 PM
Optimum Poli-seal or PB Polish with Sealant?

I have PB`s Pro Polish, Blackhole, EX-P, and Natty`s Black. However, Poli-seal seems like a good bang for $$. So which one would you choose, knowing that they both can be layered?

KBsToy
08-28-2016, 04:39 PM
PB`s Pro Polish if your going to add a topper....

Stokdgs
08-28-2016, 08:52 PM
I have never used Optimum Poli-Seal but also did not ever hear a lot of good about it either..
It is really an old design from the early 2000`s...

Now, their Optimum G-P-S - Glaze, Polish, & Seal AIO is a pretty good product on about any kind of paintwork..
I have an 18oz spray bottle of it and have used 1/2 of it - so that makes it pretty good in my Shop..

Look here ----- Optimum GPS Glaze Polish Sealant (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/optimum-gps.html#.V8OVCfkrK00)
Dan F

TheMeanGreen
08-28-2016, 09:30 PM
I have never used Optimum Poli-Seal but also did not ever hear a lot of good about it either..
It is really an old design from the early 2000`s...

Now, their Optimum G-P-S - Glaze, Polish, & Seal AIO is a pretty good product on about any kind of paintwork..
I have an 18oz spray bottle of it and have used 1/2 of it - so that makes it pretty good in my Shop..

Look here ----- Optimum GPS Glaze Polish Sealant (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/optimum-gps.html#.V8OVCfkrK00)
Dan F

Can it be layered with something else? Just curious.

Stokdgs
08-28-2016, 09:40 PM

I don`t know but it would seem that it could be layered..

How about going to the Optimum Forum and search on that question - I am sure it has been asked before.

I used it on vehicles that wanted something quick and not as expensive as a full on correction with more expensive products..
I never layered it because to me, it didn`t need it..
Good luck !
Dan F

ShawnF350
08-28-2016, 09:54 PM
Optimum Poli-seal or PB Polish with Sealant?

I have PB`s Pro Polish, Blackhole, EX-P, and Natty`s Black. However, Poli-seal seems like a good bang for $$. So which one would you choose, knowing that they both can be layered?
I love PB Polish with Sealant.
Only for fine imperfections though. If you want more correction, use a polish first. If you were to use a more abrasive pad, it will cut more but then your losing on the protection side.

As for layering, I don`t believe in it with one steppers.

ShawnF350
08-28-2016, 09:55 PM
Unless you meant topping it with another LSP

TheMeanGreen
08-28-2016, 10:27 PM
Unless you meant topping it with another LSP

Yes! Sorry that I didn`t clarify.

The Guz
08-28-2016, 10:54 PM

More than likely you are going to get the response that it can be topped with opti-seal. I believe GPS contains the same polymer make up that is found in opti-seal.

TheMeanGreen
08-29-2016, 02:35 PM
More than likely you are going to get the response that it can be topped with opti-seal. I believe GPS contains the same polymer make up that is found in opti-seal.

That`s what I was thinking. I wish products from companies were guaranteed to play nicely with products of another brand.

The Guz
08-29-2016, 03:20 PM
That`s what I was thinking. I wish products from companies were guaranteed to play nicely with products of another brand.

More than likely due to liability reasons. There will always be that one person that will scream and holler stating that so and so product promised to work with this other product.

That doesn`t mean you can`t experiment and try topping it with something else. Maybe even a spray wax.

TheMeanGreen
08-29-2016, 03:44 PM
More than likely due to liability reasons. There will always be that one person that will scream and holler stating that so and so product promised to work with this other product.

That doesn`t mean you can`t experiment and try topping it with something else. Maybe even a spray wax.

I know!! Some just don`t understand that everything in life doesn`t always work in harmony. I`ll probably just go with the PB, since I already have their products, that way they will play nicely.

CrispyGP2001
09-27-2016, 08:25 PM
Optimum Poli-Seal is a highly under rated product.

It is an excellent AIO, which lasts 3-4 months easy with great beeding and shine on my DD.

It can also be layered with wax if desired, but that is not necessary (I do it and it looks better to me).

Been only doing this 5 years but just last week decided this was my "go too" product and am glad I did (I can finally stop testing).

rlmccarty2000
09-27-2016, 11:13 PM
The Britemax AOI is a good one and is very mild. Menzerma 3 in 1 is also a favorite. I used a lot of AOIs in the beginning and always was happy with the results as long as the car was in decent shape to begin with.

dschribs
09-28-2016, 06:59 AM
Optimum Poli-Seal is a highly under rated product.

It is an excellent AIO, which lasts 3-4 months easy with great beeding and shine on my DD.

It can also be layered with wax if desired, but that is not necessary (I do it and it looks better to me).

Been only doing this 5 years but just last week decided this was my "go too" product and am glad I did (I can finally stop testing).

What he said....

Like everything from Optimum - it`s a great product. It`s a stellar All-In-One. Goes on smoothly, leaves "some" protection, does a minimal amount of correction when applied w a light polishing pad and is very easy to remove.