PDA

View Full Version : Plug for Boss 15

Mary B
08-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Ran my new Boss 15 on the roof of my car. Flat surface to get the hang of it in case of a learning curve.
WOW ! What a nice smooth running machine, powerful yet a breeze to operate, no worries just cruzin` .
One handed it most of the time, as it glided across the roof.
Did a compound, polish, sealant & wax. Wanted to keep going but out of time.
I`m very very happy I bought a Boss 15, now I know what a long throw feels like and I`m hooked.
Great machine :10: THANKS GRIOT`S

512detail
08-19-2016, 05:15 PM
awesome sauce!!

lets see some 50/50 shots!!

nothingface5384
08-20-2016, 04:26 AM
If ifs anything like my G21 it may eat the pads lol
Switched to B&S low pros and no delamination at the edges, can actually swap out less too

If you want it even smoother, get yourself some LC thin pros
It smoothed out my G21 allot

Lo

briarpatch
08-20-2016, 07:19 AM
Ran my new Boss 15 on the roof of my car. Flat surface to get the hang of it in case of a learning curve.
WOW ! What a nice smooth running machine, powerful yet a breeze to operate, no worries just cruzin` .
One handed it most of the time, as it glided across the roof.
Did a compound, polish, sealant & wax. Wanted to keep going but out of time.
I`m very very happy I bought a Boss 15, now I know what a long throw feels like and I`m hooked.
Great machine :10: THANKS GRIOT`S

what pads did you use and for what step?

pwaug
08-20-2016, 07:43 AM
Make sure you install 2 of the Griot`s washers as they are very thin--it makes a world of difference when working on curved panels.

I find I`m much less fatigued after a day of polishing with my G15 than with my GG6, but the GG6 makes a great tight areas polisher with 3 or 4 inch pads.

Mary B
08-20-2016, 02:48 PM
awesome sauce!!

lets see some 50/50 shots!!

It was after work and dead phone = no pics for Tapatalk <_<

If ifs anything like my G21 it may eat the pads lol
Switched to B&S low pros and no delamination at the edges, can actually swap out less too

If you want it even smoother, get yourself some LC thin pros
It smoothed out my G21 allot

Lo

Thanks for the valuable info. Been gathering pads awhile & did get both luckily B)

what pads did you use and for what step?

Pass. side : BF compound & finish combo
Edge with Flex PE8 & 2" orange, then 5.5" LC pink CCS.
Finish was pink LC Flat no edging used the Boss
Good outcome. Compound very impressive cut, length of work time made huge dif. had to back off to keep things even.

Drivers side : Carpro Fixer & Sonax EX04-06
Edged with Flex & 2" orange, then 5.5 LC pink CCS, Fixer seamed mild, pad dependent ?
Finish was LC pink flat, too mild again. Had a sample of Pinnacle finishing polish used white LC CCS on last 2x3 area,
much better worked forever.

Eraser wipe down

Sealed with Black CGs hex & Maxshine, wax was red LC hydro with PBs Natty Red paste, which slid out easily to wipe on pad. :D

Make sure you install 2 of the Griot`s washers as they are very thin--it makes a world of difference when working on curved panels.

I find I`m much less fatigued after a day of polishing with my G15 than with my GG6, but the GG6 makes a great tight areas polisher with 3 or 4 inch pads.

I found both washers in the pouch they send. Used both, they look made for the Boss. Also made sure to get BP on properly.
I was tired from work, but had to try the Boss. Def. made short work of it. Was very happy. ;)