PDA

View Full Version : Need to a new paint job: where do I go?

Pages : [1] 2

jp182
08-17-2016, 09:20 PM
Well even after Honda repainted my car the paint is chipping off and I don`t trust them to fix it properly. Any suggestions on a good shop to take my car to? I live in central jersey.

jtford95
08-17-2016, 09:32 PM
How long has it been since it was done? Did the dealer do it or did they send it out? Take it back and show them

jp182
08-17-2016, 09:36 PM
it was last August and they sent it out. It took them a month to even take my car and I don`t trust them to do it right nor do I have the time to argue with them and then wait for it to be done. Not worth the hassle. i just want a quality paint job that will last as long/longer than the factory paint job.

TheMeanGreen
08-17-2016, 09:44 PM
it was last August and they sent it out. It took them a month to even take my car and I don`t trust them to do it right nor do I have the time to argue with them and then wait for it to be done. Not worth the hassle. i just want a quality paint job that will last as long/longer than the factory paint job.

Where are you located?

Stokdgs
08-17-2016, 10:45 PM
Was the paint chipped off because that spot was damaged first ?
If not, it chipped off because it was not prepared, used factory/quality products, and/or dried properly..
Typical of a cheap paint job place..
Sorry this had to happen..
I also think you need to take it back to them and let them see it.
Contact the Zone Rep for Honda -
Meet with this person and the car -
Tell this person you want a new properly prepared paint job -
Tell this person you will pick the place and Honda will pay for it -
If this person balks, tell him you will post pictures of this on every social media, every Honda Forum, etc., place on line -

If you really want a new paint job properly done, this may involve removing all the paint if it is indeed determined that the paint was applied right over the old paint, etc., with little or no prep work so that it would bond with the surface...
Good Luck !
Dan F

jp182
08-17-2016, 11:09 PM
I`m in Middlesex County NJ

jp182
08-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I have very limited weekend time and more than likely I would need to go during the week to do that which I`m not willing to take time off to do. Getting it repainted the first time was a large hassle that took months to do including social media shaming. I`m not wasting more time trying to get Honda to do the right thing.

JSFM35X
08-18-2016, 04:01 AM
If you want the best shop I know it`s on Long Island. Called finish line collision on valley stream. These guys are amazing. Their eye for detail is so refreshing. They recently did some work on my wifes truck. On the day it was to be ready one of the owners called me to say we need a few more days because i am not happy with the way somethig was painted.

Their paint process leaves the car much more durable. I had the nose of my last lease resprayed after a construction truck dumped gravel on the parkway accidentally. I drove it 18 months and 25k without a chip. Infiniti paint is very easy to chip so it says a lot.

If you want an intro pm me.

Caraman
08-18-2016, 08:33 AM
Lee`s Garage in West Long Branch does quality work.

JBM
08-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Trade it in, stop the madness.

Greg Gellas
08-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Landing Page (http://www.foreignspecialtiesnj.com/Foreign_Specialties/Landing_Page.html)

Speak with Doug. While not inexpensive they do amazing paint work. It`s the only shop we send our paint work too. Then bring it in for PPF :D

Ronkh
08-19-2016, 06:48 PM
I feel your pain..........

The Driver
08-20-2016, 10:49 AM
My theory is keep making them do it over again until they get it right, if they can`t, find the most expensive shop possible and make them pay for it.

People gotta learn quality somewhere in right...

Accumulator
08-20-2016, 11:38 AM
Trade it in, stop the madness.

-OR-

My theory is keep making them do it over again until they get it right, if they can`t, find the most expensive shop possible and make them pay for it.

People gotta learn quality somewhere in right...

There! Flip the coin, or choose your priorities, or..third option.. just quit caring.

Though making somebody pay for another shop`s work could turn into a fulltime job/exercise in frustration.

jp182
08-20-2016, 05:44 PM
-OR-

There! Flip the coin, or choose your priorities, or..third option.. just quit caring.

Though making somebody pay for another shop`s work could turn into a fulltime job/exercise in frustration.

4th option which is reach out to the two places suggested so i can get my car painted properly before winter ;-)

getting a quality paint job is going to be much cheaper than trading it in and going back to a car payment

thx Caraman, JSF and Greg. JSF PM on the way