PDA

View Full Version : Before shots 98 528i

Pages : [1] 2

Balucanb
08-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Ok here is what I am starting with, I hope I can improve on it with everyones help and suggestions. I will update this with the wifes hooptie too so you can check my progress on the the whole learning thing! Thanks guys.

Balucanb
08-07-2003, 03:40 PM

Balucanb
08-07-2003, 03:41 PM

Balucanb
08-07-2003, 03:41 PM
last one

Tassadar
08-07-2003, 03:42 PM
First step: Fly me to Germany
Second Step: Crash course in German
Third step: Let me experiment on the Autobahn

Then we can get down and dirty with the paint :)

Ferrarislave
08-07-2003, 06:41 PM
love the front and sides not digging the rear lip at all though. Nice ride.

Anthony O.
08-07-2003, 08:00 PM
OK...where do we start?

First off the paint is lacking something, not really sure what it is but it does not have a dep gloss to it. It is rather flat, I mean it has a shine but it is cloudy and dull. Now it could be just the camera and/or angle of the shot.

I sugest that your paint be leveled, meaning that it be buffed out with a polishing pad, a cutting pad would be too aggresive, and a mild cleaning/polishing agent, like Meguairs DACP. Or the Menzerna line of products, which I use and highly recommend.

Now you may wish to try a orbital polisher first, like the PC, which can produce nice results but it cannot correct paint problems like a rotary can, but then again a rotary in the hands of a newbie can produce its own paint problems:eek:

Get some Menzerna products and try them first by hand in a out of the way area and see how it looks. Get back with us on the results..........O, and what in the heck is your "wifes hooptie"???????

Anthony

rtbrick
08-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Balucanb - Civilians, can`t live with `em...:D

Anthony - A "hooptie" is generally an old beat up vehicle used simply for transportation. Around military bases overseas, these old beat up cars (hoopties) change owners regularly as the military folks arrive and depart the duty station (2-3 year tours). They barely pass the inspections process and are not much to look at. Nowadays, the term hooptie does not only refer to the old beat up vehicle, but can also refer to most any vehicle (in a semi-jokingly manner if it is actually a nice car). Hoopties are not limited to overseas, any old car anywhere qualifies.

Has anybody heard this term used in non-military areas? That`s the only place I have heard and used it.

Anthony O.
08-07-2003, 10:19 PM
rt,

Thanks so much for that informed response! I was worried about this guy showing us his wifes "hooptie" and not sure if I should lOOk or not:D

Anthony

Balucanb
08-07-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Tassadar
First step: Fly me to Germany
Second Step: Crash course in German
Third step: Let me experiment on the Autobahn

Then we can get down and dirty with the paint :)

:D ROFL

Balucanb
08-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco
rt,

Thanks so much for that informed response! I was worried about this guy showing us his wifes "hooptie" and not sure if I should lOOk or not:D

Anthony

:eek: Anthony good eye, that is the exact problem with the paint!

RTBRICK- Thanx for he explanation, I think I have been doinf this to long It didn`t even occur to me that no one would know what a "hooptie" was!!:D

rtbrick
08-08-2003, 09:10 PM
Anthony-roflmao

Balucanb- Believe it or not, after 15 years in the Army my wife did not have a reference point for "hooptie." I told here she has driven several over the years and didn`t even know it!

jeff2417
08-09-2003, 04:40 AM
Hooptie example taken from a new Detail City member! See this thread:

http://detailcity.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1758

Scroll down til you see the ride.

Jeff.

Balucanb
08-09-2003, 04:56 AM
No WAY Here is a true hooptie!

Here is a true Hooptie man! (http://detailcity.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1863)

jeff2417
08-09-2003, 12:00 PM
You have defeated me. That is a true Hooptie. Notice the color choice....like a burnt sienna brown....simply stunning.

jeff.
:p