PDA

View Full Version : Which Steamer?

kylemstn
08-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Contemplating which steamer to purchase, looking at the Mytee Focus, and VX5000. Any other units too look at? Recommendations and experiences?

Will be used for auto detailing and house hold cleaning.

Thanks in advance!

Accumulator
08-02-2016, 10:56 AM
You might look into Daimer, I`ve ben happy with mine and their Customer Service was good when I needed it.

Mr. Slick
08-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Dupray. I don`t have a steamer but those look niiiiiiice

ShaneB
08-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Forget the mytee. The vx5000 is a far superior machine not just from a performance standpoint but attachments as well. Mytee does not offer nor can you find a triangle attachment for their steamer. Something you don`t realize how much you need until you`ve tried it. Just trust me on that one.

I second the idea of looking into Daimer as well. Their customer support is on par with autopia I`d say as well (dare I say maybe better??).

ShawnF350
08-02-2016, 01:53 PM
another happy vx5000 owner

Stokdgs
08-02-2016, 02:26 PM
Have had a VX5000 in the shop for over 10 years..
Has always worked great and never had an issue..
It excels in the Interior, getting all those hard to reach places cleaned out ..

Places like that tight space between the front seats and the console, the carpeting at the bottom of this space, underneath all those tight spaces under the front seats, deep cupholders, etc..

You get a lot of accessories with the VX5000 and the 2 I use the most are the single jet hand held steamer wand, and the small triangular brush..

Although you can use the brush as it is, I always put a nice thick white towel over the bristles and clip them behind the head, and use this this way to clean those dirty nasty seatbelts of all the body oils that some get from years of use..

The white towel keeps the steam located more closely, and after spraying a good APC on one section of one side of the belt, and brushing it in, I put the triangular brush over that part and steam and rub the belt.. It is amazing how much brown gunk comes out from that side and then the other side, into the towel..

This same set up can be used on dirty Interior carpeting to help agitate the APC really well and help loosen the dirt that is deepest in the mat.
Then I follow up with my Extractor and that pretty much gets everything out of the carpet..

The VX5000 is great at really getting everything out of the front door hinge jamb area, without making a mess as if you were going to use water from a nozzle...
And since its steam, that always cleans better because of the pressure and the heat together..

The VX5000 is NOT a big machine that can clean out engines, etc., but I suppose if you wanted to and had the time, you could get most of it done.
I prefer using a pressure washer and a degreaser for this step..

Clients (if you are using this in a business), always like to hear you are using Steam because it has some sanitizing abilities and of course, no chemicals need to be involved if that is how you are going to use it..
Good luck with your research !
Dan F