PDA

View Full Version : Some CSL questions post application...

Pages : [1] 2

512detail
07-31-2016, 10:17 PM
Csl=gtechs crystal serum light
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160801/07466b738ba7b6bd82999d8438de410d.jpg

Just used it for the first time today. Really like it so far after working out a few user induced issues.

After a few high spots on the passenger doors I decided to take Dans advice and put the small carpro suede cloth around a Carpro applicator -great fit with the slots cut into the applicator.

Holy hell- what a great way to apply this stuff and probably any other coating that is liquid based and doesnt spray.

Thanks Dan. I`m pretty sure you suggested that. If it was someone else then my memory sucks and sorry.

Now wht do I do with the suede cloths? Theyre soaking in a bucket of mf cleaner solution but i didn`t toss em in the washer.

Are they reusable or just `Ron` them-toss em? [emoji14]

This much left after all paint except for front and rear bumpers. I don`t know if thats good or bad. I feel like i could have used more.

Am i just a waster in general? Lol

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160801/fba44dc900c486deccc27d7054dd6b08.jpg

I used about half the bottle on the entire passenger side, hood and roof applying with lc coating applicator until i switched methods.

Only 1 high spot i saw so far w/the new method and it was on the door handle. Blue rupes nano pad and uhs via hand killed it.

-What about doubling up on the roof or hood after a 24 hr cure (if I have any leftover)? I`m on the fence there.

-Can I use anything leftover on the glass?

-Do I really have to top it with EXOv2? Im afraid I will mess that up and have to polish back to reapplying CSL.

What about Synergy, or a good spray wax like liquid Souveran?

Thanks.

-Brandt K.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Stokdgs
07-31-2016, 10:45 PM
Brandt -
Glad my tip helped you out !
I use a simple, very firm, tight foam, Tuf-Shine Orange Applicator vs the more expensive CarPro applicator.
This one --- TUF SHINE Pro Series Applicator Sponge (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/tuf-shine-applicator.html#.V57GAvkrK00)

It is also a great size, thick enough to be easy to hold in your hand, small enough and flexible to get everywhere it needs to go, but still leaves a good amount of product on the panel in a nice rectangular pattern..

I then put a nitrile glove over the applicator making it now totally non absorbent..
Then I put the suede applicator over that, secure it so its tight, and apply the drops from the syringe to suede and apply..

So, in the end, the only media that absorbs the product is the really thin suede square..

Because you are wasting way, way, less of the product on the applicator, you will have to have more left over..

Sorry, I don`t know about Crystal Serum Light - how about "Tastes Great" - " Less Filling" ??? :)

If the Suede comes out clean like a new one, perhaps it will be ok..
If this Coating turns cloths crunchy because of the glass in it, then of course, its toast...
Dan F

Justins00ss
08-01-2016, 06:06 AM
I would just toss the applicator as they seem to turn hard.

I typically use about 15-20ml on a regular car. On a full size truck I use practically the whole 30ml bottle. That`s coating every painted surface.

I don`t top it with exo as it just adds to the cost. What I typically do is top it off with TAC Systems Quartz Max (reload) or Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz.

As for the left over product after about a week or two it will start to turn. You will see floaters in it.

Ronkh
08-01-2016, 06:16 AM
Toss that applicators.

Isn`t csl + exo the "1-2 punch"?

512detail
08-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Brandt -
Glad my tip helped you out !
I use a simple, very firm, tight foam, Tuf-Shine Orange Applicator vs the more expensive CarPro applicator.
This one --- TUF SHINE Pro Series Applicator Sponge (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/tuf-shine-applicator.html#.V57GAvkrK00)

It is also a great size, thick enough to be easy to hold in your hand, small enough and flexible to get everywhere it needs to go, but still leaves a good amount of product on the panel in a nice rectangular pattern..

I then put a nitrile glove over the applicator making it now totally non absorbent..
Then I put the suede applicator over that, secure it so its tight, and apply the drops from the syringe to suede and apply..

So, in the end, the only media that absorbs the product is the really thin suede square..

Because you are wasting way, way, less of the product on the applicator, you will have to have more left over..

Sorry, I don`t know about Crystal Serum Light - how about "Tastes Great" - " Less Filling" ??? :)

If the Suede comes out clean like a new one, perhaps it will be ok..
If this Coating turns cloths crunchy because of the glass in it, then of course, its toast...
Dan F

Dan- I have those applicators but when I went to use your specific method I found I had no rubber bands (bad planning, I know, huh?)

I picked up a few of the carpro applicators (even though I already had one) and the small 10x10 cm suede cloths (they fit right into the slots on the side of the carpro applicator and you don`t even need a rubber band

this worked very well, I thought about what you said with the glove on top of it but I put a piece of paper towel in between the suede cloth and the applicator and it never got any moisture on it

The suede cloth works GREAT! and makes it MUCH easier to spread than the method I was using (as the coating would seep into the lower areas of the lc coating applicator and not distribute evenly).

as far as the micro`s I wiped with- I used green DMTs and immediately put them in a cleaner solution per recommendations on the application directions. they were then washed and dried and feel just like new.

I would just toss the applicator as they seem to turn hard.

I typically use about 15-20ml on a regular car. On a full size truck I use practically the whole 30ml bottle. That`s coating every painted surface.

I don`t top it with exo as it just adds to the cost. What I typically do is top it off with TAC Systems Quartz Max (reload) or Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz.

As for the left over product after about a week or two it will start to turn. You will see floaters in it.

I soaked the lc applicator, I probably will save it for use inside the house or something- I`m sure I can find a non automotive use for that applicator

Toss that applicators.

Isn`t csl + exo the "1-2 punch"?

yes Ron its the 1-2 punch but in typical Autopian fashion I want to use something else (something with `nuba in it preferably )- this red is just too damn bright! haha- it needs a deeper hue to it (IMO)- something that Nuba can provide..

honestly i`m just weary of using EXOv2 now since I had a few isues with the CSL and I absolutely do not want to screw it up and have to start back over.

He only paid for the CSL, I thought about putting the EXOv2 on top as a courtesy but so far as a courtesy I have done (extra) the engine, the interior, polished the door jams (and coated with pblv2) and will be applying touch up paint to the front bumper and a few other small areas I have yet to coat. For what he is paying, I`d say he`s getting one hell of a deal.

Migue
08-01-2016, 12:08 PM
I`d say you`ve provided more than enough courtesy freebies to that car, others may start expecting it so be careful.

Good feedback from all on the applicator methods. I will look into the block/glove/suede method and set my LC Applicators aside for something else.

512detail
08-01-2016, 12:18 PM
I`d say you`ve provided more than enough courtesy freebies to that car, others may start expecting it so be careful.

yea that is a problem I struggle with on these car club members rides

after these next few weeks, I will reiterate to them all that from now on I will only be doing what you pay for, so if you want the add ons- you`ll have to add them on

Ronkh
08-01-2016, 03:23 PM
yes Ron its the 1-2 punch but in typical Autopian fashion I want to use something else (something with `nuba in it preferably )- this red is just too damn bright! haha- it needs a deeper hue to it (IMO)- something that Nuba can provide..

Polish angel Viking spritz or polish angel carnuba arts or polish angel gold zirkon

512detail
08-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Polish angel Viking spritz or polish angel carnuba arts or polish angel gold zirkon

me no got

as far as sprays I was thinking PBL coating booster? or with nuba- just using Pinnacle Liq. Souveran and giving him one of the numerous 4oz sample bottles I already have and leaving him with some Pinnacle RW

I guess I should see how the CSL only plays with water first- its been over a day since coated once I get home after work so I might have to play with some water this evening

Ronkh
08-01-2016, 03:56 PM
me no got

Reminder: Ray or Paul are only a phone call away.. :D

Actually if I recall correctly, exo is supposed to be pretty friendly to use as opposed to csl.

512detail
08-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Reminder: Ray or Paul are only a phone call away.. :D

Actually if I recall correctly, exo is supposed to be pretty friendly to use as opposed to csl.

oh my bank account knows that quite well, lol

I do not plan on buying anything else to put on this

hey, I could just use reload? lol hahaha

512detail
08-01-2016, 04:10 PM
so is CSL ok on glass?

yes/no?

Ronkh
08-01-2016, 04:11 PM
hey, I could just use reload? lol hahaha

It has a built in garbage can ??? :kick:

512detail