PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Serum Light questions

Pages : [1] 2

512detail
07-21-2016, 05:19 PM
first- is this only enough for ONE vehicle? if not how many roughly do you think one could coat (lets say 4 door sedan the size of a Dodge Charger specifically)

secondly- what are the preferred applicators to apply this product- lc coating applicator? or should I buy something else

on the site it looks like CSL has a dropper like those herbal remedies come with

finally- just wait 24 hours after applying CSL to top with EXO (I will be ordering the kit) right?

thanks in advance

ordering this stuff today or tomorrow so any help is appreciated (applying it next week)

Brandt K.

Ronkh
07-21-2016, 05:24 PM
got the stuff, haven`t used yet

512detail
07-21-2016, 05:26 PM
I see Ray replied to my chatbox thread

about 2 with the 30mil maybe more or less depending on size of course

I`m hoping I can get one charger and the lower half of one challenger (since he has matte clear on the hood and roof- I wont be doing anything to that part)- if anything left I guess I will do the wheels or maybe an engine part or two to see how it goes there

I`m guessing its only good for a few months once opened? well I only need it to last 3 weeks after opened actually

now im mainly concerned about the application medium and having the right one on hand

The Guz
07-21-2016, 05:45 PM
It should come with an applicator based on the photo.

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autopia/gtechniq-crystal-serum-light-12.png

Detailed Image sells the applicators as a stand alone product.

512detail
07-21-2016, 05:46 PM
It should come with an applicator based on the photo.

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autopia/gtechniq-crystal-serum-light-12.png

Detailed Image sells the applicators as a stand alone product.

that looks like a cotton circle pad... what do u think would be similar that ACC sells? might as well buy a couple

maybe the pb applicator? looks kind of similar but much thinner

The Guz
07-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Maybe a finger pocket or a carpro suede applicator. The Gtechniq applicators are microfiber.

Migue
07-21-2016, 06:03 PM
wrap the suede applicator on the LC applicator? i`ve seen others do that to keep product from absorbing into sponge too much.

Stokdgs
07-21-2016, 06:12 PM
You will save more coating with my set up -

1. Find a good hard sponge = Tuff Shine Pro Series Applicator Sponge = TUF SHINE Pro Series Applicator Sponge (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/tuf-shine-applicator.html#.V5FU6_krK00)
2. Pull a new Nitrile Glove.( or a piece of flexible plastic), over the Sponge, so that the flat hand part of the Nitrile Glove is over the entire sponge
3. Put your thin Suede Applicator over the Sponge tightly and use something like a rubber band at the top to gather everything in and tie it off..
4. Now, you will use ALL of the Product very Efficiently, wasting very little since the thin suede is the Only media that is absorbing your coating..

The applicator will be easy to work with and the sponge is the perfect size for making straight lines of product across the panel and seeing them so you can over lap them and work the product in all directions..

I hate to waste expensive coating, so this is what I do...
I believe I learned this from my good buddies in Texas, about 10 years ago... :)
Dan F

Justins00ss
07-22-2016, 05:18 AM
One 30ml bottle i can coat a full size truck. I used just a tad more than 15ml to do a corvette. I use the finger applicator that comes with the product.

As for topping with exo I haven`t. I just use TAC Systems Quartz Max which is similar to Reload but much easier to use. No issues doing so.

I have done 4 or 5 cars this way now including my own. Really like CSL.

512detail
07-22-2016, 07:21 AM
You will save more coating with my set up -

1. Find a good hard sponge = Tuff Shine Pro Series Applicator Sponge = TUF SHINE Pro Series Applicator Sponge (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/tuf-shine-applicator.html#.V5FU6_krK00)
2. Pull a new Nitrile Glove.( or a piece of flexible plastic), over the Sponge, so that the flat hand part of the Nitrile Glove is over the entire sponge
3. Put your thin Suede Applicator over the Sponge tightly and use something like a rubber band at the top to gather everything in and tie it off..

I have the applicator and suede cloths from my Dlux kit
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160722/157e072e4cf5ac20c89bc2193fa1c6b2.jpg

I will order some more just in case since i am ordering anyways.

Couple questions though:

For a 4 door sedan would I use only one of their small suede cloths?

Do you reposition the cloth after a few panels?
I normally use the lc coating applicator and use two for a 4door sedan

One 30ml bottle i can coat a full size truck. I used just a tad more than 15ml to do a corvette. I use the finger applicator that comes with the product.

As for topping with exo I haven`t. I just use TAC Systems Quartz Max which is similar to Reload but much easier to use. No issues doing so.

I have done 4 or 5 cars this way now including my own. Really like CSL.
Finger applicstor wise do you think a dodo finger mitt would be ok? I have several i prolly wont use for some time.

Just considering my options. I`m sure I`ll try a few applicators when it comes time to see what I feel more comfortable with.
Or just use the provided one.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

512detail
07-22-2016, 07:23 AM
got the stuff, haven`t used yet
Have you at least opened the box it was shipped in? :)

Ronkh
07-22-2016, 07:41 AM
Have you at least opened the box it was shipped in? :)

Yeah. :D

I put it in a drawer in the garage. (means it`s lost forever.........)

But I got it.

Stokdgs
07-22-2016, 08:00 AM

I will order some more just in case since i am ordering anyways.

Couple questions though:

For a 4 door sedan would I use only one of their small suede cloths?

Do you reposition the cloth after a few panels?
I normally use the lc coating applicator and use two for a 4door sedan

Finger applicstor wise do you think a dodo finger mitt would be ok? I have several i prolly wont use for some time.

Just considering my options. I`m sure I`ll try a few applicators when it comes time to see what I feel more comfortable with.
Or just use the provided one.

Brandt,
You should be able to do the entire vehicle with 1 cloth unless the cloth disintegrates or something..
If it does for whatever reason, then change it out..
As long as everything stays tightly together, it will be fine..

The idea here is to keep the applicator evenly moist, make your passes very even ( yeah, should have taken that years-long Zaino Thin Coats Class), and get all your expensive coating evenly spread on the vehicle and not soaking up in sponge pads, etc...
Dan F

RaysWay
07-22-2016, 08:17 AM
finally- just wait 24 hours after applying CSL to top with EXO (I will be ordering the kit) right?

Brandt K.

I just checked on GTechniq`s site and you can apply EXO immediately after you`ve applied CSL without waiting:

Apply Crystal Serum Light first following the instructions from the Crystal Serum Light web page.
Once applied you can, without waiting or needing to use Panel Wipe, apply the EXO directly over the Crystal Serum Light. We recommend you apply EXO to your vehicle`s panels in the same order you did when applying the Crystal Serum Light. And as with the CSL please follow the instructions from the EXO web page.

I prefer the Lake Country Coating Applicators. I avoid wasting any coating by applying the coating directly to the clearcoat, and then using the applicator to spread it out on the panel. I just find the Suede/foam block applicator method awkward to hold, but that`s just me.

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autopia/lake-country-coating-applicator-2-pack-30.png

Ronkh
07-22-2016, 08:27 AM
I love the lc coating applicators. You may use a little more product, but you have a good feel of where it`s going.