PDA

View Full Version : Mothers back to black aerosol trim resorer

PA DETAILER
07-15-2016, 12:09 PM
Mothers Back to Black Trim & Plastic Restorer (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/mothers-back-to-black-trim-restorer.html)

Now in stock at autopia.

ViperGuy21
07-15-2016, 02:03 PM
Don`t bother with it, it`s not very good. Lasts about a week, maybe two of you clean the trim really well. Very oily and puddles if over applied at all. I was sent this by Nick at AG and tested this out when this new version first hit the market. Not worth it

PA DETAILER
08-05-2017, 12:20 PM
My final thoughts on after a few cans. Easy enough. Great look. But yea, it just does not last very long. But it has it place for hard to reach area`s like wiper cowl`s, grille`s etc. 6/10

Accumulator
08-05-2017, 12:24 PM
How do you keep it off surrounding areas? I know I`m always asking about that, but I`ve *NEVER* had adequate control from any aerosol product, not once in my life that I can recall, not even when the air is still. Just using my Zep40 Window Cleaner is a huge challenge...how to keep every last bit of it on the glass and off everywhere else?!?

Eh, I`d just use a Trim Sealant once (yeah, cowls/etc. take a while) and then maintain with SprayWax for ages.

PA DETAILER
08-05-2017, 12:27 PM
The sprayer is quite controlled. When using it I would pull in the garage out of the wind. Overspray was taken off with a QD.

Accumulator
08-06-2017, 01:35 PM
PA DETAILER- Maybe I`ve just never used an aerosol with a proper sprayer on it.

I`d also think twice about using it on vented cowls, sometimes I don`t want to get stuff down in there, other times it could be a feature.

Casey388
08-06-2017, 10:00 PM
How does it compare to Stoner`s Trim Shine?

LEDetailng
08-06-2017, 11:12 PM
My final thoughts on after a few cans. Easy enough. Great look. But yea, it just does not last very long. But it has it place for hard to reach area`s like wiper cowl`s, grille`s etc. 6/10

Great at darkening the browning of the undercoating that is sprayed on rear wheel wells of some cars I only use aerosol trim dressing in very inconspicuous spaces. I like Stoners aerosol wheel dressing too. Aerosol just gets into areas that spray/pump sprayers struggle with.

Is it just me or does the offensive odor really linger long after application?