PDA

View Full Version : Any love for WG Uber AOI?

WaxAddict
07-15-2016, 08:44 AM
Is Uber AOI getting any love around here? I had 1/2 bottle from a trade and it changes my mind about AOI`s. I loved it. But, AOI`s are difficult to please people because of varying expectations. I did an entire New Beetle with it and the shine was so nice I hated to top it.

I`ve had bad luck with AOI`s and this one just surprised me by actually DOING something.

ShawnF350
07-15-2016, 09:01 AM
Any before and after photos?

rlmccarty2000
07-15-2016, 10:41 AM
AOIs are great for newer cars with minimal swirling/scratches and very good one steppers for detailers offering a budget package deal for their customers. Wolfgang Uber AOI is one of the better AOIs on the market. HD Speed and CarPro Essence seem to be the most talked about AOIs though.

nothingface5384
07-15-2016, 05:10 PM
AOIs are great for newer cars with minimal swirling/scratches and very good one steppers for detailers offering a budget package deal for their customers. Wolfgang Uber AOI is one of the better AOIs on the market. HD Speed and CarPro Essence seem to be the most talked about AOIs though.

It was my very first AIO I`ve tried then kind of swayed towards HD speed

I got two sema edition samples of Essance
I wasn`t really impressed with it
It also seems to leave an oily residue where wiping won`t seem to take away.
Granted I`ve used Rupes yellow and white pads
It didn`t seem effect the application of gloss coat any..which is still holding up wonderfully btw

512detail
07-15-2016, 05:41 PM
ive been waiting for this to go on sale for a while now (or have missed the WG sales somehow)

IIRC it has the highest cut of any AIO according to the polish comparison chart

512detail
07-15-2016, 05:42 PM
It was my very first AIO I`ve tried then kind of swayed towards HD speed

I got two sema edition samples of Essance
I wasn`t really impressed with it
It also seems to leave an oily residue where wiping won`t seem to take away.
Granted I`ve used Rupes yellow and white pads
It didn`t seem effect the application of gloss coat any..which is still holding up wonderfully btw

my essence streaks with everything except a DMT or UMT wipe

WaxAddict
07-15-2016, 06:01 PM
ive been waiting for this to go on sale for a while now (or have missed the WG sales somehow)

IIRC it has the highest cut of any AIO according to the polish comparison chart

That`s believable. Thing is, you don`t have to work the abrasives down. You can let up when you feel like it. One AOI I tried left marring because (I assume) I didn`t work the abrasive until they were small.

DBAILEY
07-16-2016, 04:05 AM
I like using the Menzerna 3-n-1 AIO which I think is what the WG Uber AIO is based on. I can do some decent correction using orange pads or MF finishing discs. It has about as much cut as PF2500. I have topped it with either AG HD wax or I845 since there is wax in the AIO.

WaxAddict
07-16-2016, 09:17 AM
I like using the Menzerna 3-n-1 AIO which I think is what the WG Uber AIO is based on. I can do some decent correction using orange pads or MF finishing discs. It has about as much cut as PF2500. I have topped it with either AG HD wax or I845 since there is wax in the AIO.

PF2500 is one of my favorite products of all time. If it left protection behind, I`d be set. When my Uber runs out, I`ll try a bottle of 3-n-1.