PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Southern Cali!!

Pages : [1] 2

SpeedGoddess
07-13-2016, 06:15 PM
My name is Laura and actually, I`ve been a member for a while, but just came back. I have a 2004 Saturn Vue (Black) UGH, and I`ve been neglecting her badly to my great dismay.

I used to take care of her quite well and even bought her expensive wash etc, to use (can`t buy it at the store - can only get it at distributors). So I used to drive all the way down to LA to pick this stuff up (and damn if I can`t remember the name of it).

I need to get back into this - my paint is starting to peel, and my taillights are looking pretty sad. I just don`t know whether I should get her detailed really well first (I`m really picky - I`ve had mobile places do it at work and they just miss so much), but I don`t have the energy or knowledge to do a whole day`s worth of detailing yet.

The paint looks well on one side of the car, but I know it needs a good washing, claying (for sure) and waxing...

The stuff I bought from the distributor is gone now, but it really worked well - there was just soo much for it (and some little bottles of stuff that made the wax dry faster... It never worked well for me.

Anyway, I can`t wait to learn more so I can get my car (with all 209k miles) back in fantastic shape..

I remembered - the name of the stuff I bought was Zaino...

JustJesus
07-13-2016, 06:21 PM
Welcome back? Geez, since 2010 :o

First off....slow down, you speed demon, you. JK...

If your paint is peeling, it might be a bit late for detailing. But, so is mine, and I`m still working on it since it makes for good practice :P

Where abouts in So Cal are you? You don`t need expensive car wash to maintain that Vue.

edit oh, can you post pics of the paint peeling and your tail lights?

Ronkh
07-13-2016, 06:27 PM
hi

SpeedGoddess
07-13-2016, 06:32 PM
LOL.. Yep, it`s been awhile. Long story short - We moved in with an elderly parent in 2003, so time seems to go really fast or slow depending on her.

I`m down in the OC - not right by the beach but in the 4-mile area... I started buying the Zaino when I had a previous Saturn, then a Mercedes, then the Vue.

I`m going outside to work on her, so I`ll post pictures of all my peeling paint/oxidized issues and my taillights. Maybe you can give me some good tips :-)

SpeedGoddess
07-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Hi Ronkh!

The Guz
07-13-2016, 07:41 PM
Welcome back.

Seeing as you are in the OC, why not head over to one of the Meguiar`s Thursday Night Garage`s or their Saturday class.

Mr. Slick
07-13-2016, 08:39 PM
Hey I`m in Palm Springs Cali. Once your paint is peeling it`s too late unless you`re just practicing.

GearHead_1
07-13-2016, 09:19 PM
Welcome back. Show some pics of the paint issues and you`ll get some informed opinions. As has already been said, if the paint is actually peeling there is little that can be done to improve it short of at the very least a respray to the affected areas.

RMD
07-13-2016, 09:28 PM
Hello from Irvine.

rookiez
07-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Welcome back!! Just as GearHead says, pics worth a thousand words. If the paint is peeling, might be a bit late :( Put some Collinite to slow it down I suppose.

ViperGuy21
07-14-2016, 12:16 AM
Welcome from Texas!

I don`t have the problem of peeling, but my red Acura definitely has a fading problem where it has been exposed to the sun 90% of its life. I`ve only had it for 2 years and got into detailing when I got the car(my first car)so I just try my hardest to slow it down and keep the rest from fading.

I say say that because I wouldn`t want you to get discouraged about detailing because you can`t fix everything. But...you have the rest of the car to make look as perfect as possible

JustJesus
07-14-2016, 10:43 AM

I`m down in the OC - not right by the beach but in the 4-mile area... I started buying the Zaino when I had a previous Saturn, then a Mercedes, then the Vue.

I`m going outside to work on her, so I`ll post pictures of all my peeling paint/oxidized issues and my taillights. Maybe you can give me some good tips :-)

I thought you were north of LA. As for good tips, I`ll do better than that. If you`re in the area of Fountain Valley on Sunday morning, come by and I`ll give you some soap samples to try out. You might find something you like and replace that "expensive wash" you used to buy.

ViperGuy21
07-14-2016, 11:23 AM
I thought you were north of LA. As for good tips, I`ll do better than that. If you`re in the area of Fountain Valley on Sunday morning, come by and I`ll give you some soap samples to try out. You might find something you like and replace that "expensive wash" you used to buy.
Yep, this forum rocks!:autopia:

rwright
07-14-2016, 11:30 AM
Greetings :)

SpeedGoddess
07-15-2016, 06:00 PM
That would be great>> Hubby and I do Long Beach (the antique show) early in the AM. We would be done by like 9:30. Is any time after that good?