PDA

View Full Version : Hydr02 mixed with Hydrofoam

vs2
07-12-2016, 08:08 PM
I asked Corey @ carpro but he did not have a definitive answer.

Been using Hydr02 for over 3 years and have now changed to Hydrofoam as it is easier. I have 500ml of Hydr02 left over and was wondering if it could be mixed with the hydrofoam and at what dilution rate. Anyone tried this?

rlmccarty2000
07-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Why not just use the Hydro2 solo? What would be your idea by combining the two? Is it to make Hydrofoam stronger or just use up the Hydro2? Both are very good products. I would probably leave them alone, but who knows what will happen?

Ronkh
07-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Why not just use the Hydro2 solo? What would be your idea by combining the two? Is it to make Hydrofoam stronger or just use up the Hydro2? Both are very good products. I would probably leave them alone, but who knows what will happen?

It would probably streak

vs2
07-12-2016, 09:08 PM

Not to make it stronger, just simply to use up the hydr02

ShaneB
07-13-2016, 09:59 AM
I`d be happy to take that 500ml of hydr02 off your hands and solve this whole dilemma. Wouldn`t want to mix products and possibly mess something up... yeah. It cold be a total disaster. I mean, you could mix it and next thing you know a scary carpro monster may come out of the bottle and eat you...

Yeah, better send that hydr02 my way just to be safe

SouthPawCO
07-13-2016, 11:01 AM
More is less in this situation. I wouldn`t alter the formula of the hydrofoam as Ron said it will probably streak. Keep and it and use it as it is intended or trade it off for some other products.

trashmanssd
07-13-2016, 11:46 AM
You could just use the Hydro2 for the wheels getting inside the barrel and stuff thats hard to reach.

vs2
07-13-2016, 02:42 PM
I won`t mess with it. TBH after about 30 applications of hydr02 I apply it on relatively clean or dusty car as you would hydrofoam, as in shade and cool car, then wet car, mist hydr02 on car, mist onto mf glove, go gently over whole car, keep panels wet, water blast off from bottom to top then top to bottom, rinse with RODI water. Great result every time. Great product and only product I use because I`m lazy.

ShawnF350
07-13-2016, 09:09 PM
I won`t mess with it. TBH after about 30 applications of hydr02 I apply it on relatively clean or dusty car as you would hydrofoam, as in shade and cool car, then wet car, mist hydr02 on car, mist onto mf glove, go gently over whole car, keep panels wet, water blast off from bottom to top then top to bottom, rinse with RODI water. Great result every time. Great product and only product I use because I`m lazy.

I`ve got my Hydro 2 ready to go for this weekend.
First time using it. My SS sent me a sample. I diluted it 1:4 pt water.
Do you need a fire nozzle to rinse it off or will hosing it down with a regular nozzle do?
I usually spray a car down not direct hit it with a stream of water like the Youtube training video.

vs2
07-14-2016, 01:54 PM
I`ve got my Hydro 2 ready to go for this weekend.
First time using it. My SS sent me a sample. I diluted it 1:4 pt water.
Do you need a fire nozzle to rinse it off or will hosing it down with a regular nozzle do?
I usually spray a car down not direct hit it with a stream of water like the Youtube training video.

I use a pressure washer but a good pressure hose is fine. I blast off from bottom to top then top to bottom to make sure I get as mush product on to the paint as possible.

vs2
07-14-2016, 03:00 PM
FWIW I tried this and no issues, plenty of foam and smooth as silk and streak free. Did glass, wheels, tyres etc. Cool morning just before sunrise.
40ml hydro2 + 40ml hydrofoam into foamer with 700ml water, shook well, sprayed on whole car, wiped gently with mf glove soaked in product and blasted off then rinsed with RODI water and garage dried overnight.