PDA

View Full Version : B&S Uro-Tec Blue/Maroon Pad Question

pwaug
07-12-2016, 01:42 PM
I mostly take care of my own cars--2 VWs with hard clear. Want to order some of the Uro-Tec pads today during the sale. The finishes are well cared for and usually just have light swirls with a few deeper scratches now and then from who knows were.

I`ve never needed to use a compound and usually just polish with HD Polish and a B&S 5.5" orange pad.

So for those of you who have used the Uro-Tecs do I need the Blue heavy cut pad or will the Maroon Heavy polishing pads be enough and finish well on hard VW clear with my G15??

rookiez
07-12-2016, 07:36 PM
subscribed, looking forward for someone to answer this as well!

ViperGuy21
07-12-2016, 08:29 PM
I used a maroon pad(on GG6")on a black 2013 VW Passat with Sonax CutMax and it cut pretty well. I was just demonstrating basic paint correction to a friend so I worked pretty fast and not the usual precision I work with, but it still cut pretty well.

I love the Uro-Tecs, the maroon cuts really well, and it can even finish down really well, especially for a cutting pad.

Hope that helps

KBsToy
07-13-2016, 04:27 AM
Bought a 12 pack Uro-Tec that where on sale, so I will see on my next detail...

LashingStanley
10-16-2016, 01:09 AM
I would highly recommend the maroon only. Situations that require the blue pad would be heavy gel coat oxidation. Because it`s such an extreme open cell pad it can remove a ton of paint residue and it`s honestly pretty impressive in that regard. My problem is it started flaking little pieces of foam and loosing it`s structure after only it`s second session. Since I use compressed air for blowing out pads after each section pass I do like how easy they are to blow out. I guess the only major downside is the durability and the fact that they soak in too much product (which is why i only use them with a really inexpensive compound like m100)

The Maroon uro-tec is the only cutting pad I use on clear coat and single stage unless I`m wetsanding single stage. The only downside with the Maroon pads for me is the initial firmness. But they also work incredible with m100 or fg400 or if I`m doing a 1-step I love pairing it with HD Polish+ or HD Speed