PDA

View Full Version : Pads for Rupes polisher

KBsToy
07-12-2016, 04:49 AM
Morning,

I was able to get a Rupes Mark11 15 B) and now with sale going i need to pick up some pads for minor correcting / polishing.
Info would be apprenticed as always.

XxBoostinxX
07-12-2016, 09:08 AM
Buy the new Buff and Shine Uro-Tec`s! I just tried them out this past weekend and they are amazing. Feel just like the Rupes pads, but feel more durable.

KBsToy
07-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Buy the new Buff and Shine Uro-Tec`s! I just tried them out this past weekend and they are amazing. Feel just like the Rupes pads, but feel more durable.

Ordered 12 pack with current sale :)

XxBoostinxX
07-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Ordered 12 pack with current sale :)
Nice! I might have to order some more. ;)

512detail
07-12-2016, 11:42 AM
I was going to start the exact same thread except for on the 21

anyone ever try the 6.5 inch hydroshred crimson pads as liquid wax applicators on the 21?

I have a while 7inch urotech pad in my cart now

XxBoostinxX
07-14-2016, 10:25 PM
I was going to start the exact same thread except for on the 21

anyone ever try the 6.5 inch hydroshred crimson pads as liquid wax applicators on the 21?

I have a while 7inch urotech pad in my cart now

I have and it`s "ok". I love the Crimson Hydrotechs because they are closed cell and don`t absorb a lot of product. But I like them on a smaller backing plate more. I rather use the thin Hydro`s on a 5" BP. Just feels more controllable.

I am going to try to do a write up on the Rupes, Uro`s, and Low Pro`s in the next day or so. If you like the Rupes pads you will love the Uro`s. They feel identical!

512detail
07-14-2016, 11:13 PM
I have and it`s "ok". I love the Crimson Hydrotechs because they are closed cell and don`t absorb a lot of product. But I like them on a smaller backing plate more. I rather use the thin Hydro`s on a 5" BP. Just feels more controllable.

I am going to try to do a write up on the Rupes, Uro`s, and Low Pro`s in the next day or so. If you like the Rupes pads you will love the Uro`s. They feel identical!
Yea i noticed they are not thin. Im gonna try a euro tech or two and a rupes white pad. See what i like first

I`m waiting till I get paid for my current job first.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

rlmccarty2000
07-15-2016, 11:16 AM
I would suggest buying a few Rupes pads and their polishes. It seems like everyone wants to experiment with the Rupes system, and it is a systemic approach to detailing with Rupes. The Rupes engineers designed everything to work in unison. After you have used the system, then decide if you want to try other pads and products. I`ve tried thinner pads and the Euro-tec pads just to see the differences and to save a few bucks and I get good results, but so far nothing really beats the Rupes pads on the Rupes polisher. I`m still using the Original Rupes polishers, not the mkII and I hear of people melting their pads running them at 6 for extended periods. Polishing a car is a skill and brute force is not really needed on most cars. With the technically advanced diminishing abrasive polishes less can be more. One of the reasons why the rotary polisher is falling out of fashion, especially for finishing.

512detail
07-15-2016, 11:20 AM
I would suggest buying a few Rupes pads and their polishes. It seems like everyone wants to experiment with the Rupes system, and it is a systemic approach to detailing with Rupes. The Rupes engineers designed everything to work in unison. After you have used the system, then decide if you want to try other pads and products. I`ve tried thinner pads and the Euro-tec pads just to see the differences and to save a few bucks and I get good results, but so far nothing really beats the Rupes pads on the Rupes polisher. I`m still using the Original Rupes polishers, not the mkII and I hear of people melting their pads running them at 6 for extended periods. Polishing a car is a skill and brute force is not really needed on most cars. With the technically advanced diminishing abrasive polishes less can be more. One of the reasons why the rotary polisher is falling out of fashion, especially for finishing.

yea that`s the direction I`m headed. I really like the smoothness of the rupes on rupes but I want to try out the softest euro tech pad (at least one)

pmnewton
07-15-2016, 02:25 PM

My biggest gripe with the Rupes pads is that the velcro on the 4 inch ones wears out before the pad does. Please let us know how well the velcro side holds up!

- Patrick

The Guz
07-15-2016, 03:01 PM
I`d recommend picking up a few Rupes pads as well. I have a few of the 4" and 6" pads. I tried the blue one and that one will shred a bit of material especially if it`s new. It causes a lot of dust with Zephyr. The UHS pads and polishing compound work really well. I haven`t had any issues with the 4" UHS pads.

512detail
07-15-2016, 03:43 PM
I`d recommend picking up a few Rupes pads as well. I have a few of the 4" and 6" pads. I tried the blue one and that one will shred a bit of material especially if it`s new. It causes a lot of dust with Zephyr. The UHS pads and polishing compound work really well. I haven`t had any issues with the 4" UHS pads.

Guz do you have any issues with splatter on the UHS pads? I do initially, I guess I am not priming them well enough

The Guz
07-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Guz do you have any issues with splatter on the UHS pads? I do initially, I guess I am not priming them well enough

I followed Todd`s method he describes in this thread. I experienced splatter the first time I used them. After reading this I no longer do.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/rupes-polishers/182900-ferrari-daytona-vs-mk-ii-bigfoot.html?highlight=

512detail
07-15-2016, 04:47 PM
Thanks Guz. That helps a lot. Will try it next time

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk