PDA

View Full Version : A few first impressions:

Pages : [1] 2

TheMeanGreen
07-09-2016, 10:37 AM
These past two weeks I have continued to `up` my product game. Some of which are fantastic, some are nothing special, and all are smelly.

CarPro Trix and IronX decon kit from AG:
Impressions: I could smell the solutions when I picked up the shipping box from the front door, the smell became unbearable when I unpacked them. Guys, these decon products are very serious/caustic. I only applied it to one fender today (the neighbor is having construction done, not competing with constant dust), and the IronX worked fantastically, I have yet to try the TarX. The directions say to use the product in a well ventilated area, I don`t know about you guys, but when I do the entire car, I will be wearing a respirator. Gloves, I used my wrist lengths, next time I will be stepping up to my mid-arm length gloves. Leg coverings, I was a bit weary with this, however I lightly spritzed and stood somewhat away from the car. Eye protection, if you guys aren`t wearing chem goggles, you are complete fools.

Wolfgang Paint Work Polish Enhancer:
I bought this product for doing very light polishing and physical removal of sealants. I initially hit the fender with a green LC CCS pad (light cut) and this Wolfgang polish, I was disappointed as this created a buffer haze. I then brought the pad cut down to a black LC CCS pad (polishing), and my newly installed buffer haze became less apparent, but a trained eye could still see super light holograms. And yes I IPA`d after each application of polish. Luckily I have no fear, as I have a hope in the white LC CCS pad, Meg`s m205, and light pressure combo. For sealant removal, I`m just going to stick with m205 as a product and adjust the media. IPA wipedown showed pretty excellent finish, for a 145K mile car with a bit of road rash on the fender. Smell is like an oily rain-x.

Poorboy`s Blackhole Glaze:
Smell, terrific. Application, blue LC CCS pad, terrific. Performance, exactly what I was looking for. Price, excellent. I am very pleased with this product.

Poorboy`s EX-P Sealant:
Smell, terrific. Application, a little bit tougher to apply compared to FK1000P, then again one is a liquid and one is a waxish, I would also use less FK1000P per given area compared to the EX-P. Price, I admire it. Performance, I haven`t had too much time to get lost in the shine, but it looks like it has more depth than FK1000P, Blackhole is adding to the depth.

LC System 3000 Deluxe Pad Cleaner:
The only reason I purchased this is because it was open box, and $120 out the door. At first I was a bit skeptical, but when I started to clean my pads and see significant results, I changed my mind. This is a good buy, and for those that are using forced rotation polishers, I am really jealous because your pads will be cleaner compared to a non-forced rotation polisher. Oh, and the smell, well it`s plastic...

I wish I had pics, but I only had about an hour and a half to play around all the new toys.

Ronkh
07-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Need pictures of use

512detail
07-09-2016, 10:49 AM
EXP tougher to apply than FK ? whaaaaa?

did you pour it on the panel or what? that stuff is Bubba proof even in 105 degree Texas sun

you want to see EXP shine? ... add another coat of EXP a day after application- let it sit on the paint for at least 4 hours if not overnight, then wipe off (with spray and gloss preferably)

you make me want a pad washer now

TheMeanGreen
07-09-2016, 11:18 AM
EXP tougher to apply than FK ? whaaaaa?

did you pour it on the panel or what? that stuff is Bubba proof even in 105 degree Texas sun

you want to see EXP shine? ... add another coat of EXP a day after application- let it sit on the paint for at least 4 hours if not overnight, then wipe off (with spray and gloss preferably)

you make me want a pad washer now

Yes, but it may be due to applicator use. I apply the FK1000p via a 3" LC Red wax pad, that doesn`t get washed much. It is easier to wipe off the excess after a complete application to a car, then it goes in a plastic baggy, where it will sit until I need to apply it again, when I do, I spritz with water. The red pad is already primed well. For the EX-P, I used a general yellow foam applicator pad, that was new yet primed, there is still a difference in foam cell density and structure between the mentioned two applicators that I`m sure plays a role in the easability of application. In regards to removal, that`s a WHOLE different story, EX-P is light years more easy to remove.

Ronkh
07-09-2016, 11:27 AM
Prep app pad w 1 spray of spray and gloss

TheMeanGreen
07-09-2016, 12:28 PM
Prep app pad w 1 spray of spray and gloss

How about post `hour bake` removal, can S&G be used for removal without taking EX-P with it?

Pics will have to happen later as well, I am currently at work.

@512detail:

The pad washer, at first I was VERY skeptical because I wouldn`t justify paying close to $190 for 5 gallon bucket. However, when we had the last open box sale, I couldn`t skip pass on saving close to $60. Personally one also makes sense to me
because I only about four of each pad in my collection and at the end of the day they still need to be washed. Agitating with a pad brush doesn`t do my IMHO for the amount of time it takes, cutting holes in the bottom of a 5 gallon and sticking a grit guard then spraying with water is too messy. I`ve had good results with it.

Ronkh
07-09-2016, 12:35 PM
How about post `hour bake` removal, can S&G be used for removal without taking EX-P with it?

I`m leary of using SG to remove EX-P since it is pure sealant and needs "dry" to "cure"

TheMeanGreen
07-09-2016, 12:37 PM
I`m leary of using SG to remove EX-P since it is pure sealant and needs "dry" to "cure"

That`s exactly what I was thinking.

512detail
07-09-2016, 12:45 PM

that`s a good point. I`ve actually have never used S&G to wipe it. last time i did two double coats I wiped with S&W because I hadn`t had the pleasure of knowing S&G at that time yet

512detail
07-09-2016, 12:48 PM
The pad washer, at first I was VERY skeptical because I wouldn`t justify paying close to $190 for 5 gallon bucket. However, when we had the last open box sale, I couldn`t skip pass on saving close to $60. Personally one also makes sense to me
because I only about four of each pad in my collection and at the end of the day they still need to be washed. Agitating with a pad brush doesn`t do my IMHO for the amount of time it takes, cutting holes in the bottom of a 5 gallon and sticking a grit guard then spraying with water is too messy. I`ve had good results with it.

i have yet to find a pad that my denture brush, BF pad cleaner spray, and some hot water can`t clean.. it even cleaned up my Black Hole applicator almost to brand new again

and it takes about 30 seconds - 1 min a pad

I`m sure if I had a pad washer I`d love it though.

Ronkh
07-09-2016, 12:50 PM
<---- don`t have denture brush.......

i have yet to find a pad that my denture brush, BF pad cleaner spray, and some hot water can`t clean.. it even cleaned up my Black Hole applicator almost to brand new again

and it takes about 30 seconds - 1 min a pad

I`m sure if I had a pad washer I`d love it though.

512detail
07-09-2016, 01:09 PM
<---- don`t have denture brush.......

they look at me funny when I buy 5 of them at the dollar tree

Ronkh
07-09-2016, 01:18 PM
they look at me funny when I buy 5 of them at the dollar tree

Move to FL

Nobody would blink

512detail
07-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Move to FL