PDA

View Full Version : Lucas oil tire mist shine

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
06-25-2016, 07:44 AM

Always read/heard about it. So it was time to try it! Cleaned tires with megs degreaser. Dried them. Then lightly sprayed on each tire. Then went over with a MF towel. WOW! THIS STUFF IS REALLY DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER TIRE DRESSING I HAVE USED. Strong cinnamon scent. Very watery. After the wipe IT WAS DRY TO THE TOUCH. Did the finger test. If your after a really glossy tire look elsewhere. The look is amazing to me. Just a step up in gloss from BF T&T Protectant. WATER BASED. I cant possibly see how lucas could sling. I will report back with that info. If you get overspray on your rims, non issue. Just wipe them. It`s also a rim cleaner. My first thoughts is that this stuff is really different and the real deal.

Lucas Slick MistŪ Tire & Trim Shine is a unique water based formula developed to quickly detail tires and exterior trim. It is sling resistant and does not leave an oil residue like other tire shine products. It penetrates deeply into the tire and effectively prevents sidewall brownout. It is safe for use on rubber and plastic bumpers and trim. It is excellent for detailing any type of rim. Lucas Tire & Trim Shine is used by professional auto show vehicle detailer and racing professionals who demand the ultimate performance. It returns your tire and trim to showroom shine.
Long lasting and UV resistant
Safe for use on all vinyl surfaces
Can be used in direct sunshine
Will not harm paint

briarpatch
06-25-2016, 07:49 AM
interesting....a water-based product from Lucas Oil......were you able to buy it locally?

PA DETAILER
06-25-2016, 07:50 AM
YES. Wal mart/Auto zone.

Oldfordisbetter
06-25-2016, 08:14 AM
Looks fantastic. Keep us updated

PA DETAILER
06-25-2016, 11:59 AM
Did Saturday grocery shopping. NO SLING.

Pats300zx
06-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Can this be used on trim ???

The Guz
06-25-2016, 01:24 PM
Looks good. When are you going to upgrade to a tire coating like McKee`s 37? You don`t have to worry about sling and it will outlast those water based dressings.

PA DETAILER
06-25-2016, 04:37 PM
can this be used on trim ???

yes.

PA DETAILER
06-25-2016, 04:39 PM
Looks good. When are you going to upgrade to a tire coating like McKee`s 37? You don`t have to worry about sling and it will outlast those water based dressings.

You know, i thought about it. Just never took the plunge. If i did it would be McKees.

The Guz
06-25-2016, 07:20 PM
You know, i thought about it. Just never took the plunge. If i did it would be McKees.

Once you do, you won`t look back at water based tire products.

JBM
06-25-2016, 08:11 PM
My body shop guy tells me every time I see him I gotta use the lucast speed wax whatever its called. He has an amazing collection (for a regular guy) of vehicles and splashes that all over them, they look like show cars/trucks/harley`s.

Seems we have someone making a run at top dog at walmart ! lol

rookiez
06-26-2016, 03:36 AM
Once you do, you won`t look back at water based tire products.

Hi The Guz, however, if the tires are coating with a McKee Tire Coating, you have to use the McKee Tire Cleaner, right? That was the case with DP Tire Coating.

MattPersman
06-26-2016, 04:45 AM
I has a nice look but didn`t last for me just like a normal water based dressing.

Mary B
06-26-2016, 05:28 AM
For those of us (newb) who`ve had a h*** of a time removing old silicone based products (1YR), water based is where I`m staying.
Plus I like the Matte finish of BF Total Eclipse & Nano Speedyshine.
I will try this, and I already use the Lucas detail spray, great scent & shine.
Lucas Oil was my first detail purchase that I didn`t regret.

PA DETAILER
06-26-2016, 07:14 AM
Mary B, Are you using the lucas speed wax? I have also heard raves about it. Can be used as a drying aid also.