PDA

View Full Version : blackfire vs megs, test..

Pages : [1] 2

instalher
06-08-2016, 12:49 AM
ok lets see what these two big boys can due.. Car is a 2008 bmw 128i vert. I am applying product as per the companys instructions on there product... I washed the car with megs ultimate wash, Then clay bar with megs, to get the paint as clean as a babys bum... once that was complete I started the test.. both sides get new pads for each stage, except the midnight sun polish, upon there recommendation I will be using there supplied foam applicator..
I applied the meg. polish went over it 6 times, on 4 speed, 3 horizontal, and 3 vertical. left sit about one min. then buffed off with two new meg 2020 towels. once done towels are tossed. Now on to the bf side. used a new foam applicator, same speed, and 6 passes, Now according to Blackfire, leave until it starts to haze but don`t let it haze.. ok, so I let it sit for about a min.. NOW THIS IS THERE RECOMMONDATION, it stupid hard to remove as a matter of fact I cant get it off so I reapply some black fire polish and wet the trunk lid and while wet I finally get there product off.... Meguires 1 Blackfire 0. So on to the next step, I will add the Blackfire WET Diamond. This time I apply with a new soft pad and its quick on and quick wipe off with two Meg 2020 towels. once done towels are tossed. So how does the car look after this, well no difference at all none zip zilch.... exactly the same as the Meguires side with just polish on it.. so Meguires 2 Blackfire 0,
Ok now the real test the wax, according to Blackfire here is where there product will excel and out perform anything out there in its price.. So a new foam applicator for the Meg, side. This time I slowed down the speed to 3 and went over 6 times again..... Went over to the B.F. side grabbed the little yellow foam applicator and did the same with 6 passes with light pressure.. Meg. says easy on and easy off with the finger swipe test for removal time.. B.F. recommended the same and stressed not to let the wax haze.... ok I did as stated... wiped both sides with new towels and stood back and admired my trunk lid.... Pulled the tape off and, well there was a difference. Head to Head, the Meguires outshines and has better and deeper gloss to the color. This paint has a metallic pearl in it and it looks great on the Blackfire side, but excels on the Meguires side.. Sorry Blackfire but I have to give this one to Meguires as well. so Meguires 3 and Blackfire 0. This test does not take into account longevity so I cant score brand on that, but I can score on cost. the Meguries wax was $35 bucks, there polish 13, for a total of $48 bucks.. Now I paid over 150 for the BlackFire so on a cost per value basis, Meguires again...
As you can see here I don`t favor any brand but, this is an equal test done as per both manufactures and visual results don`t lie... Sorry I wont be buying BlackFire again.... seems to me to be a good product but not worth the money and certainly dosent give anywhere near a whiplash effect... I tried the b.f. on another bmw with a different color and same.. good outcome but nothing better than what the car already had..So two cars different colors, same results.. pics available of my other bmw.

The Guz
06-08-2016, 01:09 AM
One of my biggest pet peeves is someone not spelling Meguiar`s correctly when they have the bottle right in front of them. Now that I got that out of the way lol.

It`s a bit hard to read your post. Spacing it out helps out quite a bit. I had a hard time understanding what products are being compared to one another and what you are trying to demonstrate. Hopefully this helps in your future write ups.

instalher
06-08-2016, 01:11 AM
here are some more pics..

instalher
06-08-2016, 01:13 AM
I will be taking more pics tomorrow once the sun comes out so I can get a outdoor look with natural light.. oh and a better lens.. I had a macro lens on the camera.. sorry ill fix that tomorrow..

instalher
06-08-2016, 01:18 AM
One of my biggest pet peeves is someone not spelling Meguiar`s correctly when they have the bottle right in front of them. Now that I got that out of the way lol.

It`s a bit hard to read your post. Spacing it out helps out quite a bit. I had a hard time understanding what products are being compared to one another and what you are trying to demonstrate. Hopefully this helps in your future write ups.
Sorry about the spelling very tired, its 12.15 am been up since 4 am.... anyway, what I wanted to due was an average joe wax job with two products separated by 100 bucks... So I started out with a clean car, then did the basic steps for a great look, I didn`t want to get to involved as I wanted this test for everyday people who due there own backyard maintanence.. I really thought the blackfire would give me way better results than a Canadian Tire product! But the results don`t lie... NO WHIPLASH..LOL..

The Guz
06-08-2016, 01:36 AM
So from my understanding the Blackfire polish you have has no correction ability. I have never used it so I will let someone chime in on that.

Ultimate Polish on the other hand has non-diminishing abrasives in it or SMAT as Meguiar`s refers to those abrasives. Ultimate Polish also darkens the paint quite a bit as it has quite a bit of polishing oils.

I think a more true comparison would have been Blackfire SRC finishing polish and Blackfire Wet Diamond vs Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax.

I would have gone with an IPA wipedown of some sort in between the sealing step to remove the polishing oils on both sides. That way both sides would be fairly even.

Just throwing out some ideas.

RDKC
06-08-2016, 02:55 AM
^^ Everything that he said.

I used Meg`s for quite some time and still do actually but....

My truck now wear`s Blackfire, looks so much better on it. :D

Van185
06-08-2016, 04:02 PM
I feel that a lot of products area personal preference. I`ve used Meg`s products and Blackfire both in the past with excellent results. I think that both are excellent lines of products and perform as advertised. From my experience if you wash the vehicle, clay the paint, and prep the paint well then almost any product sold on this site or from the Palm Beach Motoring Group will perform as advertised. The key is the prep before the final LSP is applied. From my experience I fell like the Blackfire wax will outlast the Meg`s wax but a lot of that will depend on how the vehicle is maintained after the LSP is applied. I have tired a few of the higher end wax from Pinnacle and Wolfgang and personally can`t tell a lot of difference from the Meg`s or Natty`s which are much less and seem to perform just as well. Again I fell that the prep makes the wax.

Mary B
06-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Sorry about the spelling very tired, its 12.15 am been up since 4 am.... anyway, what I wanted to due was an average joe wax job with two products separated by 100 bucks... So I started out with a clean car, then did the basic steps for a great look, I didn`t want to get to involved as I wanted this test for everyday people who due there own backyard maintanence.. I really thought the blackfire would give me way better results than a Canadian Tire product! But the results don`t lie... NO WHIPLASH..LOL..

Sorry but it looks like you have a BF glaze, BF sealant, and BF hard wax goin` up against a Polish and Liquid wax, maybe more research is due.

ShaneB
06-08-2016, 04:53 PM
From the confusion on exactly what products you used, then the obvious misuse of BFWD (wipe on wipe off immediately?? No) I really can`t take too much from this comparison

it may not have been intended but you come off as a Meguiars slappy and are just looking to bash blackfire for whatever reason. Again, this may not have been your intent but that`s how I take it

GearHead_1
06-08-2016, 05:12 PM
No offense intended here but it just didn`t seem like an apples to apples comparison in this review. Should you pick the right product from 90% of the product lines you see discussed on this site and use as directed you`ll likely walk away satisfied with your results. I`ve used both BlackFire and Meguiars products and can tell you without hesitation either product line can deliver favorable results. After using both for years I have my favorites but I can end up with a decent shine and protection using either line.

skibik
06-08-2016, 05:13 PM
I got lost on what was being used in the first sentence. BF Midnight Sun is not a polish, it is a wax or sealant and should be the last step not the first. BF Gloss Enhancement Polish is basically a glaze and technically not a polish, it is only a filler. I have the both the Meg`s Ultimate polish and compounds and yes they work. I also have a number of the BF products and they are in class all by themselves. Are they any better than Meg`s that is only in the eyes of the one using it. I have never had a problem removing any of the BF products. I think the BFAFPP, the Midnight and the Crystal Seal are all great products that are a lot easier to use than Meg`s in my book. And that is JMO.

It sounds to me like you went into this with a negative attitude and sounds to me like you wasted $150 just to vent here.

Ronkh
06-08-2016, 05:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPlDKLuCny8

Ronkh
06-08-2016, 05:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIKiFB3xzEQ

Ronkh
06-08-2016, 05:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwH01ual7KI