PDA

View Full Version : Connolly Hide Care Help

Rain_Maker
06-04-2016, 03:54 PM
The SO recently got a Cadillac SRX. My truck doesn`t have leather so this is my first attempt at dealing with it. I picked up some Connolly leather cleaner and hide care to take care of it all. My question though is after applying the hide care I let it sit for 15 minutes or so and wipe it off. Am I better off letting it sit longer before wiping it off? I`ve heard people say to let it kind of bake but am not sure if that is before or after wiping it off.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Old Pirate
06-04-2016, 04:03 PM
So if your vehicle doesn`t have leather, what does it have?

Rain_Maker
06-04-2016, 04:13 PM
So if your vehicle doesn`t have leather, what does it have?
Cloth. The SRX has the leather

Old Pirate
06-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Connolly Hide Care product was a awesome product years ago, but has change IMO to a inferior product to use on leather. if you want a great product for leather then here are a few to look into: Leather Master, BLACKFIRE Leather, Leatherique or Leather Therapy.

Old Pirate
06-04-2016, 04:18 PM
For your cloth, look into Optimum Carpet & Fabric Cleaner & Protectant or a mild one like BLACKFIRE All-In-One All Purpose Cleaner.

Stokdgs
06-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Mi Hermano, Old Pirate is spot on -

Your product was wonderful a couple of decades ago and there are still a lot of people who use it..
If this is all you have, then I would wipe it on and wipe it off ..

What my best leather conditioner people say, is to start in the middle of the seat section and work outward to the edges, then start in the middle of the seatback and work outward to the edges..
Then wipe if all off.. Dwell time is not a big deal - unless you are using Leatherique Rejuvenator and Prestine Clean after...
Dan F

Rain_Maker
06-05-2016, 09:50 AM
I looked into leatherique and leather master prior to the Connolly. I wanted to try the leatherique but I got a good deal on the Connolly so decided to give it a go.

Rain_Maker
06-05-2016, 09:54 AM
For your cloth, look into Optimum Carpet & Fabric Cleaner & Protectant or a mild one like BLACKFIRE All-In-One All Purpose Cleaner.
I`ve been using an all purpose cleaner on the cloth. I normally don`t have any major cleaning to do on my interior. The problem area is the console. It`s cloth but the front area of it is a vinyl. The apc does a good job at cleaning it but it gets dirty quickly. I`ve got some 303 fabric guard to try out for the cloth. Just need a protectant for the vinyl. I want to try the Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant but not sure if it`s worth the price.